Thread: Upper Back Ache?

Upper Back Ache?

Hi all, I need some advice!

I've had a dull ache in my upper back all day, it only came on this morning. I thought it was just that I had slept funny or something, but then I did a bad thing and googled it, and I've just read that it could be an early symptom of lung cancer!! So now obviously I'm bricking it.

I haven't officially been diagnosed with health anxiety... yet! I was looking to go to the GP about it this week. I obsess about EVERYTHING. I've already been to the doctors last week over bladder pain, I've had two urine tests which were clear and the bladder pain's gone now, the doctor said it was probably just a water infection.

I'm 21, I did used to smoke but not a lot and I've recently quit.

Can upper back ache be a symptom of anxiety? I think it's starting to settle down now. I've had palpitations and acid reflux/heartburn also. I'm really really scared :(

Re: Upper Back Ache?

On something like a back ache that just started this morning, I would just wait a few days to see if you really did sleep on it wrong. Some of my worse backaches come from out of nowhere and I am not sure what I did to cause it. They usually clear up in a few days.
    Does it feel like a muscle?

I should try not to worry about it too much, you may heve slept wrong, pulled a muscle or some such thing. I think the worse thing to do is google although we've probably all done it at some stage.
    Even the cold can give you a back ache if you have been out in it long enough, so please wait a while before stressing about it as this could possibly make it worse.

I have GERD and get dull upper backaches and even a little short of breath when my GERD is acting up. I never get heartburn so when I first starting these symptoms I was convinced it was cancer buy my Dr straightened me out on this. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by j2 View Post
    I have GERD and get dull upper backaches and even a little short of breath when my GERD is acting up. I never get heartburn so when I first starting these symptoms I was convinced it was cancer buy my Dr straightened me out on this. Good luck
    Oh I get heartburn and acid reflux sometimes, so maybe GERD is a possibility? It's settled down a lot today, my back doesn't ache today, it just feels a bit tense, but when I don't think about it it's fine. Thanks for the replies, I'm heading to the GP this week hopefully so I'll have it sorted soon this place is a godsend!

i have jst posted a thread where i thought i had lung cancer cs of back ache, chest pain! it turns out i had tension in my muscles and pulled cartilage! pls try not to worry x

Hi

I get terrible upper back pain which dr told me was my anxiety.

Iv posted several times bout this, cause i used to get so scared

i dont get it as much now, instead i get some other horrible anxiety sympotms

love mandie

I have heard that trapped wind can cause upper back pain. or perhaps it is the way you have slept

I am sure it isn't anything to be worried about if it has gone so quickly.

Hope you are feeling better xxx

Thread Information