Thread: Sore breasts

Exclamation Sore breasts

I have an appt for a mammogram in April. Never had one dr suggested I go as my breasts are dense. For the past 2weeks I've been feeling and pushing on what feels like a lump. I'm so sore from it but I can't stop pushing and feeling I run to the bathroom in public because I have to feel it. I can only really feel the lump when I'm standing up. Otherwise it feel just like me other breast but a bit firmer. I've felt it in every position imaginable and standing is when I can feel it. My breast aches and I'm so scared I have cancer I just don't know what to do. The lump is in about the one o'clock position and about an inch and a half up from my nipple it's squishy too when I push on it. Any help would be great as I'm scared to tears.

Thank you in advance

Joni

Re: Sore breasts

I'm still so scared I think it's getting bigger. I don't want to die this way. All I can do is cry

I can't look forward to anything and I'm constantly consumed by the thought that I'm dying of breast cancer as I type this I'm in such a dark placeright now

I really wanted to reply to your post as I really feel for you. I'm sorry I don't have any experience of this issue, but I know what HA can do to you and how you can become so consumed with fear of cancer. I have this a lot though about gynae cancers - I too have 'symptoms' so find it harder to dismiss.

I'm sure you are ok and at least the test will confirm this soon - though I am sure it seems like an age away! I can't count the times I have been absolutely 100% convinced I have cancer and tests have of course revealed that I don't.

I hope you have family and friends to get you through the next two weeks, keep busy and soon it will all be over and I am sure you will be 100% fine (especially as you mention it is swishy and I am sure it would be hard - I think I also read on here that 9/10 lumps are always benign) Take care

Just wanted to add .. that I too often find myself in a dark place - there today actually not sure why (I have been in bed all day!) .. what saying that gets me through is that 'your thoughts are not facts .. worry is like clouds and they too will pass .. or something like that!'

just wanted km send a massive hug to you any body in your shoes would feel anxious remember that. have you seen the doctor about the lump not cos i think its bad just because they might be able to ease you a little while your appointment x x

try to stay calm and think you are having the test done so them when its done you can chill x x let us all no how you get on. x

big hug x x

Thank u for the responses. I have seen the dr about if she is the one who refered me for the mamm and ultra sound. She said she felt the lump too. It's so hard to not think about it in my mind I'm truly in the last year of my life as I'm going to get the diagnosis of breast cancer and it's going to be inoperable. I've basically given up on everything I don't care about myself my relationship or anything. I've got this horrible disease that's killing me

I don't know what to do. I love my life and I don't want it to be over. Im sorry for rambling but I just don't know what to do. I'm so utterly depressed right now. I have nothing to be happy about. Why do things like cancer exist. Why can't I be stronger and muscle thru this bit of my life. Why am I so consumed by these horrible thoughts of breast lumps and hospital beds and death. Uhh I hate what I am. I hate I even felt around on my breasts to discover this lump. Once again I'm sorry for being such a downer. Xoxo

Hi hon, first of all what exactly did the doc who felt the lump say to you about it ? Did she mention it at the exam or did you ask her about it at a subsequent appt? It seems a long time to wait for a mammogram if you saw doc over 2 weeks ago and appt not till April if the doc is concerned about the lump she felt.

I have very dense and large boobs which have caused me much "breast cancer" stress over the years. About 13 years ago, utterly convinced that I was dying from it, my doc sent me for a mammogram and all was clear. The clear advice given to me was to stop prodding and poking my poor breasts as i would make them sore (too true).

Squishy, palpable lumps are not usually a problem - sometimes you can get these when you are hormonal (at certain stages in your cycle) and if you were not prodding and poking you would not even feel them.

Try and relax (easier said than done) and get out there and carry on enjoying yourself. I am sure that the results will not be as dreadful as you are imagining.

Thread Information