Thread: Temporary paralysis

Temporary paralysis

Hi,

Ive had panic attcks for about a year now, although my most recent was very differant, It began with pins and needles in my hands which spread through my entire body until I felt numb I couldnt move my twisted hands and my face was contorted and couldnt talk.

Eventually everything returned to normal and the paramedics told me it was a sever panic attack has anyone suffered the same, I keep worying that they got it wrong and theres something reaally wrong with me, since this I ve had blinding head aches , stiff neck and pins and needles in my extremities alot

Please help
    Nic.x[V]

Hi Nick

My attacks are different everytime and I think that's how they keep me on my toes. I've had numbness before and even in just one side of my body.

I too get the headaches, stiff neck and tingling in my arms and legs. I'm told anxiety can do all that. So don't worry you're not alone.

I'm sure loads of other people on here will have had similar too.

Hang in there, you will get through it.

Jules

Nic,

How often are you having panic attacks and what was this one over ?

How are you doing progress wise with learning how to talk yourself out of panic attacks so you don't have to go through these awful symptoms.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Hi there Nic,

Panic attacks can cause all sorts of symptoms and feelings in your body. Mine are pretty different every time pretty much. I never know what to expect!! Try not to worry too much about it...

Sarah

Hi Nic

A severe panic attack like that it is quite common to suffer the symptoms you have. So dont worry it could be something else and let that lead you to worrying more about your health.

when i first started suffering i went through what you are, the pins and needles, stiffness, blinding headache and i though i was dying, but was reassured at the time i wasnt and like you i didnt believe a word of it.

Takes time to understand and accept that anxiety can play such a part in your life and affect you so much.

Hope this has helped and it does get better, even if the symptoms still persevere, knowing the cause is a relief.

Love Sal xxxxx

I seem to remember reading somewhere that when you overbreathe, or hyperventalate your hands can curl and twist up. I think it is called Tinety or something like that. I also think it can make you feel all tingley and even affect your speach. You might want to do a google search on it. I have a book on this but I looked for it and cannot find it right now. Sorry. Try the google search. In any case breathing is so very very important to people like us! I hope this helps.
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

I seem to remember reading somewhere that when you overbreathe, or hyperventalate your hands can curl and twist up. I think it is called Tinety or something like that. I also think it can make you feel all tingley and even affect your speach. You might want to do a google search on it. I have a book on this but I looked for it and cannot find it right now. Sorry. Try the google search. In any case breathing is so very very important to people like us! I hope this helps.
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

Thanks every one for your help, Im going through a really bad patch at the mo, have just sold my business and theres alot to sort out so I guess thats the cause. Do you all get symptoms of panic without actually having a full blown attack Im getting alot of chest pain at the moment and dizzy spells, although most of the time I stay calm and relax tell myself its just my mind but today im feeling really low and scared that im dying.

What you're experiencing is anxiety that hasn't quite reached panic status yet .

Well done for staying calm and conforting yourself most of the time.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Mag

You are going through a lot.

Yep if feeling anxious you do go through all the symptons.

Dont feel alone please.

Been there and suffered it trust me hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thread Information