Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sertraline joint muscle pain sore sore legs

sertraline joint muscle pain sore sore legs

hi

i have been so worried. started taking setraline and 2 weeks in developed joint pain then muscle pain and really really sore thigh and calf muscles are these a side effect. have been looking through messages and some people have experienced this. took last tablet yesterday please please let me know if this has happened to you

big hugs

susanbunny

Hi Susan

It's not something I've had on the sertraline, I've found the side effects lesser than citalopram at least in terms of physical symptoms.

I think you need to see the doctor and speak to them about whether other types are better for you

hope you get it sorted

dom

If what doesn't kill us makes us stronger it's a pretty fair bet it's going to hurt.

Hi, I have been on sertraline for 7 months now .50mgs once a day. I didn't have any problems on it at first but the past 3 months I have had really bad aches in my legs , the thighs,my right hip, my calfs...so achy all the time now and even when I lay in bed, it never seems to go away completely, always in one place or another. Also I have had rapid weight gain, 35lbs since taking this medication! This is supposed to help me with depression but because of the aweful aches and weight gain I'am very depressed again and worried about coming off them because I have noticed that it helps me with my anxiety and panic attacks. I don't see my doctor til february, but I might have to call and try to get in before that.
    I'am new to this forum.

Scorp

Has anyone else had rapid weight gain on this drug? Terrible leg aches? Please respond if you have.

Thank you.

Scorp

I took Sertraline for 4 weeks, and had dreadful muscle pain (along with many other horrible symptoms). They never abated and I stopped taking it. I stopped quickly because it was disagreeing with me so much (the psychiatrist told me to stop it immediately, it had given me dreadful depression – the doctor however had told me to keep taking it). Even though I only took it for 4 weeks, I still had discontinuation symptoms (although thankfully not severe). The base of my back was aching, within 2 weeks of stopping the drug it disappeared - along with the twitching muscles, sweats, tremors, delusions and all the other dreadful side effects my doctor said 'would pass'.
    I'm just glad I bypassed the doctor and went straight to the psychiatrist, otherwise she'd still have me taking it.

Re: sertraline joint muscle pain sore sore legs

Ive been on sertraline for 8 months now and i have had the same symptoms as you(Scorpio)...leg and lower back pain and pain in my joints.Im 34 and ive NEVER EVER had to worry about my weight,until about 2 or 3 months ago.PLEASE...let me know if you get ay further info on this weight gain thing,every place ive looked just says "CONTACT YOUR DR IMMEDIATELY if you experience rapid weight gain" Its freaking me out cause i cant get in to see my Dr. for at least another month.Id appreciate any support or advice from anyone. ty

I have been on sertraline on and off for a couple of years. I've had leg pain too which I can't get relief from, and a feeling like i am aching in my bones. I am relieved to see that others have had this too, because now I am more confident that it is the sertraline that has caused it. I've also had massive weight gain on sertraline. Gotta get off the stuff. Will talk to my psychiatrist.

I had to retire as a pharmacist due to terrible pain in my shins. I advised the doctors that order my pain medicine that the pain was giving me terrible anxiety. Generic Zoloft 100 mg was ordered, and when that did not help the dose was increased to 150mg. I told another doctor that this feels like bone pain. He suggested I see if any medication I take could cause bone pain. I found various reports indicating that Zoloft (generic name sertraline) can do this. And this morning my day started to go beautifully, but a little while after my dose of sertraline this bone pain became unbearable. Note: When I complained that the pain was worse I was sent to a psychologist. I think you know what I will not be taking.

Have read through all the posts, I've been on Zoloft for 4 weeks, cross tapering from Celexa and up to 100mg Zoloft now. Terrible leg pains, also wrists and feet and hips, hard to walk when first wake in the morning. Had to stop yoga. My anxiety is better overall, certainly better than with Celexa, but panic attacks still unchanged. Has everyone with leg pain had to cease taking Zoloft? I have enjoyed the energy it has given me though feel like weight gain is beginning.

Dear all,

Has someone found a anti depr type that does not give the muscle and joint pain? If had it on Zoloft, cymbalta and remaron.

Thanks very much for your reply.

KR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information