Thread: Heart thumping in right ear

Heart thumping in right ear

Hi

My heart thumping in my ear is driving me mad.

I have been having this symptom now for a few weeks, it mainly happens when im in bed i can feel my heart racing and the thumping in my ear realy scares me. I went in the bath the other night and when i had finished i decided to paint my toe nails when i bent down the thumping started again.

I was thinking it could be related to blood pressure but i went to see the practice nurse last week and she said my blood pressure was a little high but nothing to worry about but my pulse was fast. she as asked me to go back in 4 weeks to have my BP taken again. I have a home monitor as i suffer with white coat syndrome and have been taking readings so i can show the nurse what my BP is at home. My readings at home have been ok but my pulse can go from in the 70s to around 100 at rest. I woke up last night with this thumping sound in my ear and my heart racing and it drove me mad i couldnt get back to sleep. Do you think it could be my pulse racing thats causing this? or is it another one of those horrid menapause symptoms.

has anyone else had this before?

Many thanks in advance

Andrea
    xxxxx

Re: Heart thumping in right ear

Andy I get this loads.

I am trying to keep a firm jawline (as you do) so I do this pilates exercise where you hang your head off the edge of the bed (that bit releases tension in the neck but anyone reading if you want to try it please do it carefully and slowly).

Then you try and hold you head up which works the muscles in your neck - abit like if you do sit ups you can feel it in your neck can't you.

Anyway the point of telling you all that drivel is that when I do it I always hear my heart beat in my ear and I don't worry about it at all because it's quite normal.

I think once we become aware of something us anxious lot tend to focus on it and notice it all the more.

Love Piglet

Hiya honey

I get something like this too (bloody hell, am I menopausal, I just thought I was grumpy).

I get a thudding in my neck, ears and can actually feel my stomach jump with every heartbeat.

I think it's just an awareness of your body. We tend to be more "tuned in" to our bodies when anxious.

Funny enough I get the thudding heart feeling when relaxed, or trying to relax, if I am laying down before bed, or after eating it happens often.

I also get ringing in my ear too when feeling anxious, ooo I could go on and on about my symptoms lol.

TC

Jaco

Andrea don't be worrying about this hun its natural even little kids get this, usually when things are very quiet when going to sleep.

Heather

Piglet, Jaco and Heather thanks so much for replying. Im glad to hear that im not the only one that gets this.

Piglet thanks for the advice regarding the exercises i will give that a go .

Jaco
    bloody hell, am I menopausal, I just thought I was grumpy
    lol Piglet recommended some good herbal tablets for the menapause for me, might be a good idea if you gave them a try too .lol You grumpy !! naaaa lol

Thanks all i shall have to stop dwelling on the symptoms now i know its common. thankyou

love and hugs

I've had this recently too, and it's been freaking me out. I googled it too - wrong thing to do, I just freaked myself out more. I think mine might be related to exercise and an increased blood flow. I don't know, just speculating as usual!

I'm trying really hard not to be scared but sometimes it's hard.

Hi Andrea,

I get this too and actually thought it was my heart and felt it and it wasn't thumping as much as my ears were so I realized it is my pulse racing. I wake up with it racing and go to bed with it racing. I imagine it is racing all day long and I just don't realize it. I put mine down to low blood pressure but really have not idea what mine is caused by. I know it isn't exercise or menopause!!! LOL

Laura xxx

I've always had that since I was a child, I used to think it sounded like ants marching under my bed!!!! Always been there so I've never worried about it!!! xxx

Thread Information