Thread: Ribs on right side sticking out

Ribs on right side sticking out

Firstly i want to say i suffer terrible health anxiety. My obsession just now is my right ribs stick out further thank my left. I was concerned about it a few month ago and went to see my doctors about it and she said its normal. After that i was fine so why am i now worrying again. I notice them protruding above my right breast in the shower again and now i'm panickig again. Please help

Re: Ribs on right side sticking out

You are obviously thin enough to see your ribs! I wish

Variations in the body are completely normal. I have a large lump on one of my ribs close to the sternum just under my neck and only found it once when I lost alot of weight and was thin, I rushed to Dr and of course like you was told it was just a bony spur and completely normal.

Women have breasts different sizes and shapes, etc etc the list is endless.
    Have you ever seen a osteopath,physio type person as they will be able to tell you if your posture is not good and this is causing your body to be out of line??

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndz1 View Post
    Firstly i want to say i suffer terrible health anxiety. My obsession just now is my right ribs stick out further thank my left. I was concerned about it a few month ago and went to see my doctors about it and she said its normal. After that i was fine so why am i now worrying again. I notice them protruding above my right breast in the shower again and now i'm panickig again. Please help
    I have the same thing. I got a Chest Xray and CT scan. It came out clear. Apparently one of my ribs is bigger than the other. It's right above the right breast/pec area for me also. I am a guy btw. So if you're concerned then check it out.

I don't know whether for me it has always been like that. Or the gym caused it to move. No idea.

Let me know what you think.

I noticed that one side of my ribs stuck out more than the other a couple of years ago & saw my GP who said it was normal & nobody is symmetrical .. So don't worry, maybe visit your GP for peace of mind

I do trust the doctor saying its normal i think its just my stupid anxiety again. It can go away for weeks and i'm fine then come back with a vengeance. Thank u all for your replies they have helped ease my mind

Thread Information