Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feels like someone "squeezing" my brain, freaking out..

Feels like someone "squeezing" my brain, freaking out..

There is a lot of talk about head pressure, but am not sure if this is actually the same? I sort of feel like the pressure is "on my brain", feels horrid and its freaking me out. My ear is also "deaf" and have some tinnitus..so that prob is just anxiety but can anyone relate to the brain thing?
    Was doing really well, until had to take antibiotics and this is why this "brain squeeze" is back. Im so convinced that its the antibiotics but my subconcious tries to tell (shout) that because I am so scared of antibiotics (long story) that I have now "developed" this weird head thing and major anxiety because of it. Also a lot of negative stuff has happened lately, a lot. But i thought I was doing so well and been so brave about it, thats why i even more "believe" its just the antibiotics. Maybe if somebody out there knows this "brain squeeze", tingling feeling, I could just start to relax and forget the stupid idea that ive somehow damaged something in my head by taking the antibiotics..
    god, how embarrasing..

Evita

Re: Feels like someone "squeezing" my brain, freaking out..

Hello evita,
    Sorry you're not feeling too great, the brain squeeze sounds more to do with your antibiotics phobia than the antibiotics themselves. I used to get a tingling feeling in my brain when i was anxious, it felt like a brain hemmorhage or something it was horrible. Not sure about the squeeze sensation though but could be tension due to your fears. Hope you feel calmer soon, take care x

hi evita yes i get the brain squeeze when my anxiety levels are up,my scalp also goes funny.I doubt it could be caused by the antbiotics,i think you have got yourself all worked up and the anxiety is causing it through your fear of antibiotics

Hi guys, thank you so much for your fast replys. I always turn here first before i freak out majorly.. Yes, i think it is the fear of meds although once more have hard time believing anxiety causes something this nasty.. especially since been doing months so well :(
    i wanted to add that it feels also a bit like burning sensation inside my head, make sense..?
    Thank you once more!

Evita,

I feel as though someone is sitting on my head alot. I get muscle spasms on my head tingling and hurting all over m head much of the time. I think alot of it is from tenshion and nothing to worry about. Michael

Thank you Michael

Hi Evita

Just wanted to add my own experience here as I get loads of 'brain' type things!
    I get ice-pick headaches that literally make me grab my head, I have had numbness before, I get shooting pains and I get burning/tingling sensations as well. I've mentioned it to my doc before but I know it's just anxiety and she doesn't seem at all fussed lol. when I chill out it all goes away. I'm going on a dreaded flight soon and for the last few days have had neck and head pains, then I stopped worrying and forgot about it for a bit and it disappeared. Annoying but not dangerous and I think you are having the same thing hun, please don't worry xxxx

Thank you Augeam, Im sure youre right Im slowly coming into terms with my headaches and weird sensations being a part of this anxiety and especially neck tension. it feels at the moment my shouldeds and neck are on fire so no wonder it effects my head too (she says cautiosly.. But although Im sorry you suffer too, am happy to know its nothing to worry about.
    I hope you have a great flight! I had a severe aviaphobia, didnt fly for 3 years but then 2 years ago had to start flying every 3 months across the atlantic (for 2 years). Had to literally study everything I could and do all possible methods to succeed in winning my fears. And it really worked! Of course Im still a bit apprehensive everytime i fly and nervous before a flight but nothing compared to what it was. Self study has helped so much. So if you or anybody out there wants some tips please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by evita View Post
    Thank you Augeam, Im sure youre right Im slowly coming into terms with my headaches and weird sensations being a part of this anxiety and especially neck tension. it feels at the moment my shouldeds and neck are on fire so no wonder it effects my head too (she says cautiosly.. But although Im sorry you suffer too, am happy to know its nothing to worry about.
    I hope you have a great flight! I had a severe aviaphobia, didnt fly for 3 years but then 2 years ago had to start flying every 3 months across the atlantic (for 2 years). Had to literally study everything I could and do all possible methods to succeed in winning my fears. And it really worked! Of course Im still a bit apprehensive everytime i fly and nervous before a flight but nothing compared to what it was. Self study has helped so much. So if you or anybody out there wants some tips please let me know!

Thank you so much! I have ordered a book so I can educate myself, I understand the science and engineering behind it all, it's the what-ifs that bother me, and I guess a fear of the unknown, it's well outside my comfort zone tbh! Ah well, can't be helped it's too late now anyway, i'm getting on it and tha't that so I better be ready lol!
    If you do have any tips though, I will be grateful

Back to the head thing though, tightness was one of the first syptoms I ever had, it felt like I had a brick in my head and a tight band around it, my head always felt 'heavy'. Never ceases to amaze me though, just when you think you've had all you can, another random sympton pops up, darn it!! xx

Thats the spirit!! That really is a good attitude "Im getting on it, darn everything else"
    If you havent already checked these pages, go ahead and take time to "finish" the whole course. Its free and Ive gotten a lot of help from there.
    http://www.fearofflyinghelp.com/
    And take your book with you on the plane. Underline or mark the pages or sentences that you find most useful and then if you get anxious in the plane just start reading the sentences over and over. Like a bible really
    My favorite ones are "if you get safely out of your home and in your car, and drive witout an accident to the airport and to the plane, sit down, relax and remember that there is no place more safer that where you are sitting at the moment". (Not even your own home cause if anything happens to you in the plane you will get medical attention asap ) Every aspect of your trip when you enter the plane to when you aboard is so closely watched by so many people whose main job is for you to be safe.
    And "think air as solid rock pilars on which the plane flies on" "every safety measure has three back up safety measures".
    Also if your ever worried about engines failing, remember that the plane usually flies without engine power when approaching the airport, it glides to save fuel. So it really stays in air even witout engines
    But you mightve known these already, these were some of the stuff that helped me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information