Thread: Would my chest hurt when pressed if it was heart related?

Unhappy Would my chest hurt when pressed if it was heart related?

Hi guys...

Since waking up this morning I've had an awful pain in my chest & it's in the center (a tiny bit to the left side) & it hurts more when I bend over, move in general or press it...would it be my heart if it was tender to touch? I'm really worried. & I had a HUGE palpitation before, make me jump out of my skin :(

I've been getting alot of heart-burn lately so I'm trying to put it down to that.

I feel really terrible at the moment, my heart is pounding again & I just feel really weak, the doctor thinks I've got bad Sinusitus (always got trouble with my sinsues) & has given me co-amoxiclav but I'm scared to take them incase they make my anxiety worse or make me more ill or something...

I thought I was getting somewhere now I just feel horrible

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Would my chest hurt when pressed if it was heart related?

...would it be my heart if it was tender to touch? I'm really worried. & I had a HUGE palpitation before, make me jump out of my skin :(
    Your heart is protected under your rib cage, you can't touch it. If it is hurting when moving, bending and so on then that is sounds skeletal or muscular in origin.

However, it could be trapped wind or indigestion ? After all lots of people go to A and E thinking they are having a heart attack when they actually have indigestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Your heart is protected under your rib cage, you can't touch it. If it is hurting when moving, bending and so on then that is skeletal or muscular in origin.
    Thank you so much

It's probably through tension or something but my brain won't get it into my head lol >.<

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

There is a really good post somewhere on here by one of the administrators describing the differece between a heart attack and anxiety pain. I can't find it right now but I know it said that if you can press the chest and make it hurt then it was classic anxiety related muscle tension. Good luck.

I've had a pain in my chest on and off for the last year, which hurts when I press it, move, etc... The doctors say it is just musculoskeletal.

Try taking some pain-killers, and see if that helps. You may need to take them for several weeks to get the full effect.

For reference, if it was really heart related, I think the pain would be _constant_ and crushing.

If it hurts to touch, it is a muscle pain. Heart problems hurt inside your chest like a tight squeeze and you can't breathe and feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest & are accompanied by other symptoms like shooting pains down the left arm or jaw pains. even sharp pains in your chest area are muscle related, i used to get so many pains in my chest when i focused on heart attacks. If you're anx about the chest pain(when touching) then that could cause the palpitations as you are anxious & panicking. It's difficult to accept but be assured others have had those same symptoms and are still fine, no heart attacks.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Hi 87sal87,
    Did you ever get diagnosed with those symptoms?? I have very similar symptoms! Doctor keeps saying acid reflux and sinusitis😡 which I know isn't the case

Thread Information