Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not eating and feeling faint

not eating and feeling faint

what is the best remedy for this? I'm currently sat in kfc. I can't eat because I just moved into uni and my anxiety is sky high! I now feel sick because I only had a sandwich at 1pm

Please help. my anxiety is stopping me from eating and I think I'm about to pass out HELPPPPPP please

Re: not eating and feeling faint

i find walking and eating does the trick for me, i can't eat if im sitting down and expected to eat, don't think of the food your eating and drink plenty of water.

The doc has given me anti sickness tabs and anti acid tabs and they seem to work a little bit for me.

thanks for the reply!
    I will try this, I have rennie on me for sickness so hopefully they work will have to ask my doctor for something stronger.

Will I faint if I drink lots of water? Or is the chance just reduced?

Hey, I know this feeling - I tend to get really weak and sometimes faint if I do not eat, which only causes more anxiety, and thus I can go into a cycle. Maybe one thing you could do is just eat something small first. Like, grab a candy bar or something to give you some sugar and then you can get to the real food that you need. That's what I do sometimes, anyway ... hope this helps.

dont drink loads all in one go as that will make you feel bloated, just relax your ok, i don't know about you but i get dry mouth alot when i eat, so i take small bites and wash down with sips of water.

Like i said before try to not think of the food or failing that think hoe nice it tastes... KFC is well nice lol

Quote Originally Posted by ikimasu View Post
    Hey, I know this feeling - I tend to get really weak and sometimes faint if I do not eat, which only causes more anxiety, and thus I can go into a cycle. Maybe one thing you could do is just eat something small first. Like, grab a candy bar or something to give you some sugar and then you can get to the real food that you need. That's what I do sometimes, anyway ... hope this helps.
    thanks, i find it hard to even eat a candy bar though this is killing me having this condition.

and thanks gazman, i managed about half of my meal and i still feel weak and sick now i think im going to come home from uni tomorrow for a day or two and try to venture back after ive calmed down a bit. i cant go the whole 3 years here not eating a thing.

Why don't you try protein drinks so at least you are getting the vitamins etc.

Slimfast are good for that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks nicola, will try this tomorrow!

btw does anyone know what would be the least ammount i could eat without feeling ill? I know this will prob not be able to becuase everyone is different, but could anyone give me a rought idea to put my mind at ease, I mean would a sandwich at 1pm & orange juice drink, half a KFC meal at 6.00pm be ok at a bare minimum for tonight?

Ive been drinking lots too.

Thanks

It's better than nothing, I've eaten less and been ok, but like you say, everyone's different. If you can't manage food try and drink some sweet tea with milk (decaf!) as it's at least something.

I don't know if this is how it will work for you, but my first couple of weeks at uni I hardly ate at all, just no appetite, but once I settled down and calmed down and the place started to feel like 'home' I was ok. Everyone's different, but hopefully after a few weeks you'll be a bit more used to it all and a bit calmer.

Good luck!!

just my non medical personal opinion but u should be ok, if u do feel abit giddy have some fruit like a banana or just a cup of tea.

Stop thinking and worrying about it (i know it's almost impossible) you'll b ok, instead of looking at your food as set meals at certain times of the day, just eat little and often, even if a sandwich takes u 2 hours to eat just take your time.

Have you talked to your doctor about your lack of appetite?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information