Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pedophile OCD

Pedophile OCD

Help !

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Any therapists here?

Re: Pedophile OCD

Sorry hun but I'm not quite understanding your post??

Are you are sufferer of pure O and are having intrusive thoughts ??

We aren't therapists here, we are all sufferers of various kinds of anxiety, so we help and support each other

Your not a pedophile.. Pedophiles are not scared or anxious of having unnatural thoughts, they enjoy them. They don't post on forums like this one either.

Stormsky I know you said that before. I wonder however if there is indeed a sub category of pedophiles who actually are afraid. If I see pretty little girls I have an impulse to touch them my therapist said that is still OCD. How it seems like an attraction?

Then I had another therapist say I had pedophile OCD backed by attraction. What the heck does that mean.

I am so tired of being afraid. I have had these impulses since I was 8. This is so old, I hate it.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Why did you erase your last post Stormsky?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Stormsky I know you said that before. I wonder however if there is indeed a sub category of pedophiles who actually are afraid. If I see pretty little girls I have an impulse to touch them my therapist said that is still OCD. How it seems like an attraction?

Then I had another therapist say I had pedophile OCD backed by attraction. What the heck does that mean.

I am so tired of being afraid. I have had these impulses since I was 8. This is so old, I hate it.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Why did you erase your last post Stormsky?
    I haven't deleted any posts

Raven it's so hard to tell over an internet post. The thing is, if you feel disgusted by these impulses then it's not attraction. If you have a therapist they should be helping you ok, see what they tell you to do about it.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Surely the way to tell the difference would be if you actually have real, physical sexual fantasies about this? If it's just thoughts than lots of people have intrusive thoughts that are very alarming to them. But if you (*sorry to be explicit*) do things like pleasure yourself over these thoughts then that, to me, indicates a real sexual attraction.

This is just my opinion, I obviously know nothing about this and hope I haven't said anything to make you feel bad. I think a therapist is really the best person to advise.

No I don't pleasure myself to that stuff because that's bad.

Hi Raven, I hope I didn't say anything to upset you. I understand this must be very distressing for you to have to deal with and don't want to add to your stress and confusion.

No , you didn't say anything to bother me. I just don't understand why me. Why do I have to have these bad urges. I have never done anything but it doesn't me not afraid i wont. I have had at least 20 therapist/ docs/ social workers say I am not a pedophile. I never believe them. So today I contacted a sex offender therapist. I never have acted so technically I am not an offender but I guess I will get some answers. If he says I am not I will be so happy. I have struggled with this since age 8. I am so over it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information