Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rash/spots on penis head.

rash/spots on penis head.

It all started about a month ago when i noticed some red patches on the head of my penis when i got out of the bath. Straight away i thought it was thrush and took every thrush treatment known to man (at some expense). Canesten duo, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, salt water etc, none of it seemed to work.

Anyway after a week i went to the GUM clinic where the doctor said it was "either thrush or an allergic reaction". Got a swab, urine sample and that thing where they stick that thing down your pee hole (results come back today everything is clear). So carried on with the thrush treatments for 2 weeks and although i very rarely have itching there was still red blotches there.

Gave up with the thrush treatment and decided to treat it as an allergy reaction, taking loratadine tablets and applying anthistan cream. The red blotches have gone down slightly but now i have about a half dozen of these small red spots on the head and under my foreskin is quite red.

I have made a doctors appointment but it's not until next Friday and i'm really sick with worry. I'm scared it's something serious. I know i'm not going to be able to eat or sleep properly and it's going to get worse the closer it gets to my doctors appointment.

Re: rash/spots on penis head.

It could just be due to different soap or wash powder, fabric conditioner or new underpants. It sounds like a bit of a rash from something like that. If it was more serious it would have gotten much worse quite quickly.
    x

Worriedmale,

If it was it was thrush it wouldnt be a problem. Many people have it at some point in their lives in fact, many people are colonised by the fungus and it does no harm. It is not life threatening. If it isn't thrush then it probably will be an allergic reaction but again, nothing to worry about.

You've done the best thing and got in touch with the doctors - there's nothing else you can do now except wait for the appointment. Please don't worry, I'm sure the doctors will manage to help you out.

Jim

Is psoriasis a possibility? I have read you can get it there and i suffer from psoriatic arthritis.

Hi, tbh I think you should probably stop putting different ointments on it, you may only aggravate the problem? It doesn't sound like anything serious though... you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by kibbutz83 View Post
    Hi, tbh I think you should probably stop putting different ointments on it, you may only aggravate the problem? It doesn't sound like anything serious though... you'll be fine
    Thank you i find reading things like that very reassuring.

It could also be irritation through looking at it all the time. The glans is very sensitive hence why it's protected by the foreskin!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimgym View Post
    It could also be irritation through looking at it all the time. The glans is very sensitive hence why it's protected by the foreskin!
    You may laugh at this but i applied apple cider vinegar and white vinegar to it on numerous occasions and as you can imagine it stung quite a lot.

No doubt the vinegar etc will have irritated the skin. It may be that you initially had thrush, this then went away due to the creams, and that the current redness is caused by your attempts to clear it!

Still, see a doctor. It can't do any harm.

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Jimgym View Post
    No doubt the vinegar etc will have irritated the skin. It may be that you initially had thrush, this then went away due to the creams, and that the current redness is caused by your attempts to clear it!

Still, see a doctor. It can't do any harm.

All the best
    But wouldn't they have tested for thrush when they took a swab?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information