Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire born View Post
    I recently gave blood for the first time. Its been one of those things I always wanted to do but never got round to it, so I decided to go ahead since things like this help me with my anexiety. I was feeling fine about the whole thing until I got to the donation centre and started to feel spaced out and started to worry about blacking out or some other complication occurring, typical anexiety catastrophic thinking. Anyway, in the end it was absolutely fine! It was quick and easy and booked I'm in to give blood again in a couple of months time.
    I seem to recall you area teacher. So, you could say you are an old hand at giving blood!

Well done though, that's a great thing to do for others. There is certainly no worry even if you had some symptoms there, those people are used to dealing with some of that.

Ask me again tomorrow morning.

Visited my mum in hospital, I work in the same Hospital doing volunteer work but visiting family and friends makes me anxious so doing this is a big thing for me xx

I am the chairman of my local cavy (guinea pig) club and we hold 4 shows per year. I couldn't go to the last one in April because I wasn't feeing well enough with my anxiety. Today was our summer show and BBQ and I was determined to go otherwise my anxiety will have won again.

I got up at 5.30am, got dressed, jumped into my car and got to the show venue before I could change my mind. Had a great day with the guinea pigs, a lovely BBQ lunch and a good gossip with all my friends and other members of the committee. I've just got home and although I'm exhausted I feel proud that I managed to go and for once have an anxiety free day.

No doubt it will be back to remind me who's boss tomorrow lol, but today I stuck two fingers up to the b****** and I feel great about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    I am the chairman of my local cavy (guinea pig) club and we hold 4 shows per year. I couldn't go to the last one in April because I wasn't feeing well enough with my anxiety. Today was our summer show and BBQ and I was determined to go otherwise my anxiety will have won again.

I got up at 5.30am, got dressed, jumped into my car and got to the show venue before I could change my mind. Had a great day with the guinea pigs, a lovely BBQ lunch and a good gossip with all my friends and other members of the committee. I've just got home and although I'm exhausted I feel proud that I managed to go and for once have an anxiety free day.

No doubt it will be back to remind me who's boss tomorrow lol, but today I stuck two fingers up to the b****** and I feel great about that!
    Well done, Mojo!

So, what goes on at your shows then? Piggies running assault courses and such?

Hahaha!!!! That would be an interesting sight Terry!

No, they are divided into their different breeds - believe it or not there are around 50 different breeds/types, and each one has its own standard on which it is judged. After they have gone through the different stages of the competition an overall "Best in Show" pig is chosen and receives the top prize.

It's all very competitive and exciting - if you like guinea pigs lol

Drove my 17 year old daughter and her friend to get a nose ring put in, went into Tesco express and successfully bought a cold drink

Well done! Mojo! I bow to your cavy queendom! I'm a huge cavy lover too and have just nursed one of my boys through a nasty bladder stone removal.. I'm so pleased you managed to get to the show-anxiety can take a back seat when you are finally able to enjoy yourself and let go.

Fishman and flipp, well done to you both for your successes!

Hahaha!!!! That would be an interesting sight Terry!

No, they are divided into their different breeds - believe it or not there are around 50 different breeds/types, and each one has its own standard on which it is judged. After they have gone through the different stages of the competition an overall "Best in Show" pig is chosen and receives the top prize.

It's all very competitive and exciting - if you like guinea pigs lol
    Sounds like Piggy Crufts! (do people run around the arena with them? )

I didn't know there were breeds, let alone 50! When I see them in Pets At Home, my knowledge is limited to picking out a smooth one vs. a fluffy one!

I once 'inherited' two white, short haired guinea pigs from my daughter after they became a chore for the said family member. I was surprised at how upset I was when they died after a good few years.

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread Information