View Poll Results: How many drinks (say pints of larger)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll

10 19.61%

11 21.57%

7 13.73%

5 9.80%
  • 5+

18 35.29%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

Re: Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

I'm sure the odd glass of wine spaced out over the day won't hurt but it isn't a good habit to get into if Citalopram can tax the liver - always drink plenty of water between drinks - I prefer not to be drunk anyway it's much more amusing watching other people make fools of themselves!

Smile Re: Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

I'm sure the odd glass of wine spaced out over the day won't hurt but it isn't a good habit to get into if Citalopram can tax the liver - always drink plenty of water between drinks - I prefer not to be drunk anyway it's much more amusing watching other people make fools of themselves!

I've drunk heavily on all my meds including Citolopram. You do get drunk a lot quicker so just take it easy. Feeling rough the next day is nothing unusual but the extra depression really does not help.

I have been on 20 mg citalopram for 2 years and drink alcohol. Its fine but cannot drink too much , say four beers or a few wines. If i drink too much i have a blank apart from that everything alright. Drink no more than four is my advise.

I have been on Cit for quite a few months now and drink normally on it. I have never had an y reactions from it. However I do sometimes feel depressed on it if i wasn't in the right frame of mind in the first place, i think it depends on your current mood. I can put away 8 cans of beer in one night at times and don't feel any different....except a little tipsy lol

Hi, When I took citalopram on and off for around 9 years I used to be fine when drinking on it. I am not a big drinker though couple glasses of wine etc sometimes a bit more. I think when your body is used to it as long as you dont drink too often (most nights) you will be fine....but then we are all different and react differently.
    JO

I've been taking citalopram (20mg) for 2 months now, and I've been told be the doctor that it's fine to drink on them. However, when I do, I get really really happy, to the point where I've been asked if I'm on drugs, get drunk very quickly and have total memory blackouts off a couple of drinks

I used to be able to drink a lot without even being drunk, so it's a huge change for me! Does anyone else get this? Definatley stopping the big drunk nights haha

Are there any drinks in particular which would be more ok to drink than others?

For some reason, i imagine that having several glasses of vodka on the rocks would have a more negative reaction with the medication, in terms of depression occuring after "sobering up", than several glasses of wine, due to all the alcohol units?

Spirits would tend to have more units than wines or beers, right?

So does it matter what drinks can be drunk with this medication or not?

Thanks in advance

When I was taking 20mg Citalopram awhile back I noticed a big difference in what I had to drink and how I felt at the time and after;

I have always had a high tolerance for alcohol anyway but found a couple of beers or a glass or two of wine I was ok, but I felt very very tired afterwards.

I had a blip and drunk a fair bit of white rum and I had a fit in my sleep according to my partner. I felt so down for days afterwards so I personally I would stay away from spirits completely, but everyone reacts differently.

I have been put back on 20mg a few days ago and by the time it's my birthday the doctor will have gradually upped my dose to 40mg so no jack daniels for me :(.

I have drunk a little, moderately and quite a lot.

A little and moderatley have been ok, although I have found it really affects my sleep. I feel exhuasted the next day, a bit depressed and anxious.

Last week I had one of about three benders. I didn't bring out the best side of my personality lets just say that. And I have no idea how I got home. A complete black out. That's not a safe place to be in a busy city, stumbling around unaware of what is going on. Somehow I made it home but I dont' remember. I don't recall what happened and its not a nice feeling. I was so ill the next day I couldn't go to work. It took about three days to be able to sleep properly, I spent the weekend recovering still.

I have found BEER much worse than other drinks, so my advice would be do drink (if you want to) but keep your quantity down. After about three drinks I lost all track of not drinking and the next thing was being off my rocker.

Last thing you want is causing a scene at a wedding.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information