Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant "stitch" like feeling in right side

Constant "stitch" like feeling in right side

For the past few days I have had an almost constant stitch like feeling in my lower right side. It sometimes feels like a sharp stabbing pain also. I always seem to be bloated especially after eating and have been suffering from alot of wind lately.

I have also been experiencing sharp pains in my chest which at first I thought was a heart attack of course however these have subsided but the stitch still remains. Is this something to be concerned about? I don't do lots of exercise but I do walk alot, however the stitch almost always disappears when I walk, however at times it can appear. It is usually when I'm sitting down or hunched over.

The thing I am most worried about is appendicitus (sp?) should I go to the a&e or book a docs appointment?
    Thanks guys

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Constant "stitch" like feeling in right side

Is it a pain or more just a nagging sort of stitch?

Quote Originally Posted by uk23 View Post
    Is it a pain or more just a nagging sort of stitch?
    Abit of both, I also just went to the toilet and had quite loose stools...worrying

- Emily Brontė

IBS can cause that, take a look at this. As with most of us IBS is made worse by anxiety, even if we think we are calm we are most likely tensing or worrying in the back of our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by uk23 View Post
    IBS can cause that, take a look at this. As with most of us IBS is made worse by anxiety, even if we think we are calm we are most likely tensing or worrying in the back of our minds.
    Yeah i've often thought I may duffer from IBS.

However I've never had the stitch thing before. Do you not think it sounds like appendicitus?

- Emily Brontė

How odd...I'm experiencing almost exactly the same thing! At the beginning of the week I noticed a sort of twingey stitch feeling in my lower left side. Then I had very loose stools for a day or so and then constipation for the next few days. I'm also bloated and a bit gassy. The pain seems to be slightly better now but it hurts when I go to the loo especially for BMs. I think I'm going to ask my Doctor about it today.

I don't really know much about appendicitis I'm afraid...apart from the pain starts on the right hand side. Maybe we've just had a mild stomach bug?

Moonlight Xxx

hi, it doesn't really sound like appendicitis from what i've heard the pain would be far worse and you'd have other symptoms such as throwing up, high grade fever and you wouldn't be able to move at all. i've never had appendicitis, but everyone i know who has has had all of those symptoms.
    it just sounds like a bit of IBS, i have the same pain too along with niggling pains, its nothing. just silly anxiety again
    xx

oh and also if you've had the pains for a few days now, i wouldn't worry about appendicitis, the pain would get far worse within the space of a few hours. so try to relax
    i've had the same pain for nearly a week now, so it could just either be a nasty stomach bug or IBS.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightFire View Post
    How odd...I'm experiencing almost exactly the same thing! At the beginning of the week I noticed a sort of twingey stitch feeling in my lower left side. Then I had very loose stools for a day or so and then constipation for the next few days. I'm also bloated and a bit gassy. The pain seems to be slightly better now but it hurts when I go to the loo especially for BMs. I think I'm going to ask my Doctor about it today.

I don't really know much about appendicitis I'm afraid...apart from the pain starts on the right hand side. Maybe we've just had a mild stomach bug?

Moonlight Xxx
    I have been worrying myself silly lately I've been getting this stitch type feeling in my left side between my hip & bottom of rib it feels like I've ran a mile (which I haven't) but I get this all the time and then I get loads of (smelly) wind
    This gets me really worried some people say its just IBS but am unsure ??

My DH just had appendicitis and an appendectomy and the pain was so bad he couldn't even move and as someone stated before...it comes on really quickly (like hours). I hope you are feeling better soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information