Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excess stomach acid

Excess stomach acid

This is a question to fellow stomach acid sufferers. What symptoms do you get?

I'm used to the prickling burning and the bloating, but in the last few days I've also noticed the occassional aching twinge. Does anyone else get this?? It always seems to be after I've taken a lansoprozole and I can't find my leaflet...could it be from that??? I just don't know.

Sorry for the short post, but I'm trying to not to bury people in details...or start googling. Any replies much, much appreciated.

Re: Excess stomach acid

Yes I think maybe it could be the acid that is causing these twinges. I know I have had a lot of funny twinges since having acid problems. I am on omeprazole which I think are the same sort of tablets.

Twinges where??
    I am on day 2 of omeprazole for GERD & excess tummy acid that i am havin in my chest. I get the twinges in chest & sternum, is this what u mean?

Quote Originally Posted by nickieb View Post
    Twinges where??
    I am on day 2 of omeprazole for GERD & excess tummy acid that i am havin in my chest. I get the twinges in chest & sternum, is this what u mean?
    Hi nickieb! Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear. It was in the upper abdomen and where I usually get my other symptoms such the the prickles etc. I've been to the docs about this a few times in the past and am prone to excess acid. It's just the aching twinge I got a few hours ago that made me wonder, I got it a few days ago too after taking my tablets, and then nothing for a few days when I stopped taking them to see if the acid had sorted itself out (obviously not yet since I started feeling discomfort and bloating tonight,lol).

Thank you also to Jan63 for the reply.

Sounds like acid/GERD hun. I get the chest burning & twinges & sternum tightness and gurgling burning abdo...it all sucks but all part & parcel xx

Quote Originally Posted by nickieb View Post
    Sounds like acid/GERD hun. I get the chest burning & twinges & sternum tightness and gurgling burning abdo...it all sucks but all part & parcel xx
    Thanks, hun. I hate new symptoms that I'm not familiar with...makes me think stupid thoughts. Not to mention I seem capable of producing symptoms at the drop of a hat---the reason why I don't google any more (or try really hard not to).

is it the stomach acid which also decreases the appetite, because my appetite has really decreased and it causing me to loose a lot of weight.

Ooh I get twinges too, thought it ment meds not working feel relieved if other people get them too. I take omerparozole.

I had all pains in my upper back and in my chest which I couldn't believe was from acid because I can't particularly taste the acid or anything but after a week or so I felt so much better after taking the omeprazole tablets.

I've had quite a good day today and haven't felt in pain anywhere, I hope it lasts and I don't start thinking of some other cancer I could have.

does anyonelse's excess acid also given them a werid acidic taste in the mouth like almost all the time, which gets worse after eating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information