Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: burping and chest pain

burping and chest pain

Hi its my first time posting on here. Im really sick of this HA. My latest worry is that im having a heart attack, im constantly burping then get chest and arm pain in the left side, its generally worse in the evening, I had a ECG a few weeks ago after i called an ambulance at 2am and that was normal and my GP also done loads of blood tests that came back normal, but I still constantly thinks they missed something. Im at a loss as how to cope anymore, I just want it to go away and get these awful thoughts out of my head

Re: burping and chest pain

Sounds like acid indigestion to me with the burping

Not a heart attack - you would know if you had one trust me. I had one last year.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi kerri i get this alot ,all the air gets trapped in your chest and causes pain around the heart area try taking peppermint capsules to releive it and get some gaviscon or ant acids

im suffering with this atm too hunni only i have nausea with it and a heavey stomach
    im taking some tummy settlers to and really works on the burping
    its been constant all day x

also my dad ad a heart attack and died nrly 3 years ago dont want to scare u but hunn i am scared of a heart attack too specially as my dad died of one when i think about it i get chest pains headache and constant burping

Thanks for the replies. Ive taken Gaviscon and antacids but they dont seem to do much to relieve the symptoms, I guess its my HA making the symptoms a million times worse and the more I panic the more I get the symptoms.

Acid reflux? If gaviscon or renitadine don't work go to the docs. If they say it's acid reflux ask for lanzaprozole, it's the only thing that got rid of mine. Sharp chest pains, burning throat, burping, etc, all gone. And he told me that the acid refulx was excacerbated by my anxiety, and my anxiety was excacerbated by the acid, they were making eachother worse.

it sounds to me like you have anxeity indegestion which can cause cause heart burn and burping and terrible pains. i was sat up with a few months ago throught the night. u are not having a heart attack you would instantly know there is not even time to panic or think of it. trust me the docs wudnt of missed anything with your heart plus bloods show up so much they tell so much by them, try to be postitive xxx

Hi hun

Lets deal with FACT here hunny,

You have been checked out and all is fine, GOOD, YES

The FACT that you can pin point it to a time says its anxiety related, YES?

or think about what you have been eating during the day, if you suffer acid, foods can irritate this YES ?

I know this is dame hard for you because you suffer HA hun but you have to TRY dame hard to deal with fact hun, an heart attack dose not know how to tell the time, please try and see this, ohh I know its hard for you hunny, but please try Hunny the thoughts will not go away unless you challenge them, ohh I remember putting a link in on how to challege thoughts, I will go see if I can find it.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

I had some Omeprazole of my GP and it didnt really do much, I dont get heartburn, its just constant belching and left sided chest and arm pain which is worse in the evening and I have to resist the urge to call an ambulance, my logic side is telling me its anxiety but then the anxious side overrides any logic and it just goes round and round

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information