Thread: Over 60 and lonely

Over 60 and lonely

Hi

I live on my own since July and get very lonely. I do have a friend but she just does not understand my Anxiety.

Would be nice to meet/talk to older people going through same experiences

Hope to hear from you soon

Jenny

Re: Over 60 and lonely

i know the feeling .but i suppose its hard for other people that don`t have these problems to understand how it feels and what its like. it does get frustrating sometimes trying to explain how you feel to some people . its like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes .

Re: Over 60 and lonely

Hi Jenny,
    I am 70 yrs old and living practically alone and being alone and lonely with all the typical symptoms of anxiety, agoraphobia and social phobia as well. I am well familiar with the physical symptoms such as heart palpitations, missed beats and constant tension in head and the whole body... I used to be quite active in the past as I am a teacher by profession, retired now and living in a small town nr Warsaw, Poland's capital. I have no friends here. I am a widow, husband died 5 yrs ago, sister works away from home and rest of family moved abroad years ago. I do not know what I would do if it was not for the internet and the computer... All I heard from GP when I went to the suergery with hypertension was that it was all 'emotional'. I am trying self help and am on diazepam. Would love to have a friend who understands. I am also a good listener. Looking forward to hearing from you. Take care and best wishes, Maudlin (Magda)

Thread Information