Thread: how much PMT interferes with your anxiety/depression?

how much PMT interferes with your anxiety/depression?

Hello,
    I suffer from GAD and the occasional depression as a result of it (or I think it is!)... I'm not taking any medication at the moment (oh, that deserves a whole thread by itself!!) and it has been really difficult lately... good days and then all of sudden it hits me hard But I have also noticed that my PMT is terrible at the moment... I feel so desperate and angry and nervous... I don't know what is my anxiety or my hormones any more Any of you feel the same? And what do you do to control your hormones? Thank you for reading x

Re: how much PMT interferes with your anxiety/depression?

I don't know what 'pmt' is....

PMT Payment
    PMT Pre Medical Test
    PMT Permit
    PMT Photomultiplier Tube
    PMT Plan à Moyen Terme
    PMT Pre-Menstrual Tension (UK Variation of PMS)
    PMT Program Map Table
    PMT Project Management Team
    PMT Pre Menstrual Tension
    PMT Parent Management Training
    PMT Program Management Team
    PMT Project Management Training
    PMT Pacemaker-Mediated Tachycardia
    PMT Protection Motivation Theory
    PMT Photo Mechanical Transfer
    PMT Pyramidal Memories Transmutation

I am guessing its pms , seeing your UK icon, and my research goes to point at that? - Sorry I often over think things!

Sorry to hear it's going rough. Have you thought of taking Birthcontrol? It helps the hormones, just a bit. Also have you have thyroid testing? They might be a bit off causing physical anxiety, and might explain why you've been feeling crappy.

Anyways the best of luck to you.

I am exactly the same.

I too have GAD and depression. I am on antidepressants (which have stopped working after 9 months) and also the contraceptive pill because of period problems. This last year or so my PMT has gone through the roof.

For about 10 days before my period I am angry, fly off the handle at the slightest thing, weepy, obsessive especially with my thoughts, feel sick and exhausted.

I haven't a clue why it's suddenly just happened because at 31 I'm nowhere near menopause stage and I've been on the pill fo rmy periods for 4 years.

Don't know if anti depressants can effect your periods? Mine have gone very light as well since the PMT has worsened so don't know what is going on

I was going to post a similar question. My PMT is ok but I have noticed that my Panick Attacks kick off the day before I am due on and carry on, on and off for the duration. I am also having night sweats and hot flushes every day and was beginning to wonder if I was starting the change but at 36 its unlikely??

Anyone else have that problem??

x

Hey guys same here, I am 31 and last couple of years I get extremely angry, depressed, snappy and upset the 2 days before my period.
    Hard to tell if its just because my living situation or hormones! Anyway, you're not on your own.

Hi,
    Sorry, I do mean Pre Menstrual Tension! I'm 41 and always had an irregular cycle and I am just like you Cat80! 10 days (2 weeks in some months) I feel absolutely terrible... I hit full depression mode (crying non stop, exhausted, can't see or feel anything good and just shout at everyone!) I had some tests done last year and my doctor said they were "satisfactory"... I am sure that my hormones are playing a big part on this but unsure about what to do next. Some of you mentioned birth control and I might ask my doctor to look at this... And ShelleE, I don't have the hot flushes but the panic attacks definitely stronger during this period I guess ladies, we not only have to fight our depression and other difficulties, we also have our hormones to cheer us up!!

I'm 32, my anxiety is ALWAYS worse in the week before my period. The joys of being female eh?

Thread Information