Page 215 of 236 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2353

Thread: Feeling so exhausted/high's & lows.

Re: Feeling so exhausted/high's & lows.

my sister was up yesterday, we talked about old times, what it was like when we were younger, my sister laughed at it, I laughed along with her, I didnt feel it was funny though, I felt it was wrong to laugh about it. that's my sister, she laughs at things that are not funny. must be some way that helps her cope with it I guess.

then when I told her about going to see the very sheltered housing along the road this coming Wednesday with my support worker, my sister became very negative. I was not expecting her to be so negative.

kind of put a damper on my day, we talked more about the past and different things. plus I paid and phoned her a taxi home. as I did not have the energy to drive her plus my leg had stiffened up more, it was quite difficult to bend my leg.

though was good company until it went sour, still manage to get past that.

I love my sister, just wish she would not do that, become negative at certain things.

I'm still looking forward to going on Wednesday.

Why was she being negative about the sheltered housing? It sounds like a really positive option for you.

I have sisters who tend to be negative and critical of things. Sometimes it's hard to let it roll off your back, but do what you know will be right for you!

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Why was she being negative about the sheltered housing? It sounds like a really positive option for you.

I have sisters who tend to be negative and critical of things. Sometimes it's hard to let it roll off your back, but do what you know will be right for you!
    my sister seems to think, I'll get worse going into a very sheltered housing.

I was expecting my sister to say, that be good for you, not run it down, guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Last edited by yvonne_uk_98; 10-12-17 at 19:44. Reason: had to change it.

was resting today, through resting, I was able to walk a bit more in my flat, which felt really good, here hoping it lasts. I still get very exhausted and my energy drops. it was good to walk a bit more than has been over the last couple of months. all praises to the Most High.

its so cold, my right knee causing me problems due to it being very cold.

my cats Riley & Misty were pests today, wanting out, I open the window for short time, then they come back in, I go and shut the window, not long have I shut it, they want out again. a little while later I open the window again, they both go out, no long out, they both are back in, too cold I guess. then I shut the window, Misty wants out, I told her, she'll just have to wait until later on, when I have more energy to go back and open the window.

yesterday they both did not go out, due to being very cold.

right now, I'm in my chair, Riley is my space on the couch, Misty sitting on the chair next to me.

they are a right pair they both are, comical, have their mad hour which is so funny.

I phoned the O.T duty team,I have been allocated an O.T. she will be in tomorrow, she will phone me and make an appointment to come out and do the assessment and to talk about how things are for me.

I keep ya posted. let ya know how things go.

I used to work for a place that offered similar housing to the sheltered housing and it was wonderful. I think you do what you need to do for yourself and maybe it will take some time for your sister to understand, but she won't get it unless she is living in your shoes. If you feel it is the best fit for you, go for it!

I agree with swgrl Yvonne. My parents were in sheltered housing and they were fine.
    Take care xx

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I used to work for a place that offered similar housing to the sheltered housing and it was wonderful. I think you do what you need to do for yourself and maybe it will take some time for your sister to understand, but she won't get it unless she is living in your shoes. If you feel it is the best fit for you, go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I agree with swgrl Yvonne. My parents were in sheltered housing and they were fine.
    Take care xx
    Swgrl09 & Magic,

Thank you both for your kind words, encouraging words & advice, very much appreciated thanks, I do want to go into the very sheltered housing, I too think it be right for me.

here hoping all goes well with the meeting tomorrow, hope I find out what help I can get to pay towards the charges. plus get shown round too. I'm looking forward to it. to find out what I need to get into one of them.

I let ya all know how it goes.

yes your right Swgrl09, my sister is not walking in my shoes, not gonna understand. maybe one day she will.

I just let my children know, 3 of them think its a great idea. they are looking forward to hearing all about it.

2 not said anything yet. I think the 3 that think its a great idea, will talk the other 2 round if they disagree.

So long as you are happy and you will still have your independence that will be good for you knowing there is some one on call should you need them it's difficult when family doesn't or cant understand that's something not to worry about now, concerntraite on your wellbeing Yvonne now ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    So long as you are happy and you will still have your independence that will be good for you knowing there is some one on call should you need them it's difficult when family doesn't or cant understand that's something not to worry about now, concerntraite on your wellbeing Yvonne now ATB
    Bigboyuk,

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, very much appreciated thanks.

Well the meeting went well, I got to see an empty 1 bedroom flat, my its big bedroom, big living room, adaptable wheelchair kitchen, the work surfaces are at wheelchair height, really good. the bathroom is a shower with seat, hand rails in shower, at toilet, big enough for wheelchair, on the back of the front door there is a cage box for yer mail, no picking up from the floor. there is a big cupboard with shelf's in it for your linen, my wheelchair would fit in there. wow its so perfect. meals in the dinning area, two lounges, one up the stairs and one down, plus bathroom if you would like a bath. plus laundry room. I really like it, I was told if I was living there and on benefits, I would pay £82 a week, this gives me some money left over each week. its better to live there, than here at home. I must be over spending. I need an O.T. assessment and I have phoned put my name down for Ailsa Court in Glenburn as my main choice and the one in Foxbar. that's my name down for them. all I need it the O.T. to assess me for very sheltered housing. here hoping. the heating is included in the rent, the gas central heating is on all the time, it was lovely and warm there. all I to pay for is council tax and electric.

Page 215 of 236 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast

Thread Information