Thread: Heartbeat in ears when lying down

Heartbeat in ears when lying down

I dont notice it so much during the day but for the last few days when I lie down in bed at night I can hear my heart beating really loudly in my ears especially the right one.

I think I also have tinnitus as again when I lie down at night I can hear a high-pitched sound ringing in my ears and again louder in the right ear.

I have felt more anxious in the last two weeks, my children have gone back to school and my son is'nt settling in, he keeps crying and getting worked up and this is really worrying me :( I suffer from anixiety on a daily basis but could this be related to higher anxiety?

Re: Heartbeat in ears when lying down

I looked at this as soon as I saw because I have the same thing and it is also my right ear! I went to the doctors thinking I may need my ears syringed but the nurse said they look fine. I have noticed that when I am not anxious I don't notice it but as soon as I get more anxious I notice it especially when I am trying to sleep. I think my husband thought I was mad when I said I had a heart beat in my ear!!

there is a tinnitus conditition called pulsatile tinnitus that you can hear your heart beat in ears .or ear..be worth looking that up on the u.k tinnitus website incase maybe your suffering from that ..only as i get the sound and are awaiting to see ent as doctor thinks thats what mine could be but wasent sure as its deffo a sympton for some people..
    daz...
    only a suggestition could be just fluid in earsor something...

I can once in a while ... I think once I notice it, then I focus on it and it seems to be louder even though it isn't.

Happens to me every night. I can also see my heart beating, so I think it's anxiety causing my heart to pound. It helps to lie on my back, but I can only fall asleep on my stomach or side so I have to put up with it.

I suffer from this but have found if I pop some cotton wool into my ear, it is not as loud and helps me sleep as does having some form of low level noise while sleeping - in the summer (yep I know British summers) I had a fan on, I have now bought a noise machine that gives out the sound of a waterfall, I put it on low and it takes my mind off my ear - I sleep pretty well this way

I am going back to the doctors on Friday as mine is getting really bad...will let you know what he says.

Thread Information