Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny taste in mouth which is worrying me.

Funny taste in mouth which is worrying me.

Hello,

I have recently come across a new symptom, which is causing me (as usual) to worry.

I have produced this horrid metallic taste in the mouth and seem to be producing more saliva.

My last visit to the hygienist/dentist was last month and everything was ok.

The last few days I have been having sickness/burping symptoms, which I guess is down to producing more acid because of my anxiety.

Today those symptoms have eased a little as I'm now focusing on this mouth taste symptom.

Another reason why I'm worrying (you will all LOL at this), my cat died last week and it was due to kidney problems and an early sign was bad breath etc, and this has got me thinking that I could have kidney problems etc because of problems in the mouth.

I understand this is a cat but weird things in life can start off my anxiety like reading an article about an health issue or a TV programme.

Could anybody help calm me down as I'm also going through a stressful period of late of all these anxiety symptoms.

Red

Re: Funny taste in mouth which is worrying me.

I occasionally get a metallic taste in my mouth. I think it is just anxiety, if you search through some of the old posts you will find it crops up quite alot.

Josephinex

Hey reddevil,

Firstly, I do believe that stress and anxiety can cause a funny taste in your mouth. I think it's down to a shift in your blood chemistry that happens as your body reacts to stress, that then casues the production of unusual substances which you consequently taste. As josephine says there are other posts on here with the same question. I myself usually get the weird taste during panic attacks.

Secondly, don't feel bad or daft for reacting to your cat's illness - I reckon loads of people feel the same. I know I do! For instance, I used to love programmes like Casualty but now can't watch them as the subject matter is too close to home and can even bring on a panic attack! When we're anxious we're much more sensitive to things like this so it's understandable.

Try something simple like chewing gum or boiled sweets to take the taste away, and see how it goes. Hopefully it will subside as and when you feel calmer.

Good luck!

x

PS. Sorry to spam, but I forgot about your sickness and burping symptoms....I get this too! I went through a really intense anxious period recently where I almost gave myself a stomach ulcer! Burping too is related to anxiety, I think maybe you swallow more air or are just more sensitive in the stomach area generally.

x

Hi the metalic taste can be caused by a number of things,like everyone has suggested here anxiety being one of them.some meds can cause this as well.I dont think you are being silly when you mentioned your cat,its very understandable.
    Has the metalic taste gone now.?
    I had this a few years ago,and it went on to be bells palsy.
    Are you on any meds?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkylover View Post
    Hi the metalic taste can be caused by a number of things,like everyone has suggested here anxiety being one of them.some meds can cause this as well.I dont think you are being silly when you mentioned your cat,its very understandable.
    Has the metalic taste gone now.?
    I had this a few years ago,and it went on to be bells palsy.
    Are you on any meds?

Hi,

I had this taste on Friday and Saturday, which started to worry me and then on Sunday I started to experience this feeling of nausea and burping (which I experienced about 8 weeks ago but it vanished), so I then focused on these, which I think the taste feeling then vanished but has returned today.

I’m on amitriptyline, which I have been on for about three years.

Red

Sounds pretty much like anxiety,which can cause lots of these horrible symptoms.

Hi,

I have noticed that my tongue feels funny as well, as if I have eaten some antiseptic tablets, it feels kind of numb.

Just looked in the mirror and it appears to be covered in white stuff.

Red
    Last edited by reddevil; 20-06-07 at 20:23.

hi reddevel i posted about the same thing last week.well i still have it weired taste a build up of slyver and a very strange feeling on my tongue ive also noticed my tongue gets quite sore have you been to see your gp and how long have you had this ive had it a good couple of weeks now but i did notice while i was away for the weekend i didnt have any of these symptoms but as soon as i got home they were there the following day so im begining to think it is anxiey i think it could well be the same for you

Could be oral thrush?

Don't like to ask about your love life lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information