Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram And Diazepam

Citalopram And Diazepam

after 10 months off the citalopram my doc has suggested that i start taking 20mg a day of citalopram again but this time she has said that if i find the side effects to bad to take a diazepam to take the edge off did anyone else do this to help with there side effects when they started citalopram

Re: Citalopram And Diazepam

Hi Bluebird,
    I am on day 6 of Citalopram and so far so good, i am also using diazapam as a back up if needed to help with any side effects.

I would say after the initial me wobbling about taking them i feel pretty good,Fraggle says i'm not on this planet, but i dont care cos i feel pretty good better than i have in a long time and I seem to be getting my sense of humour back

Whilst I know it is still very early days I am really hopeful that Citalopram can help as i had really had enough of feeling so anxious all the flippin time and felt i was burdening my family more and more.

Good luck with them quite a few on here have had such good results with them lets hope we can too eh??

Brightest Angel Blessings
    Mystics

hi mystics i was on citalopram for 3 years and it completely cleared my anxiety and panic so i stopped taking them but now 10 months on the panic has returned with avengence so i spoke to my doc and we decided i should start back on the citalopram but the last time i took them i suffered no side effects so all was well however this time around i am feeling quite rough so the doc suggested i take a diazepam if the side effects get so bad i was a bit nervous taking them both together and just needed a bit of reassurance that it was ok to take diazepam alongside the citalopram without any problems

Hi again,
    My Gp recommended that i take a diaz 1st thing in the morn, then eat a light snack to take Citalopram mid morning and then have diaz's if needed throughout the day,

Prior to being on citalopram i was on diaz but was getting more anxious about becoming addicted and coming off them if that makes sense.???

So we now plan Citalopram 10mg for 4 weeks with the diaz to see how i go,then either increase citalopram or decrease diaz.

So basically i have no ill effects from taking both, doc says she couldnt find any reason not to take them both at the same time but would perhaps be better to take as explained above.

I too was very anxious about taking them as my previous doc had just stopped my diaz and given me 20mg of citalopram and totally flipped me out.

I guess the best way forward is to take a diaz in the morning as i do to try and calm yourself a little before taking, just my suggestion different strokes for different folks and all that

Good Luck again
    Mystics

hi mystics yes ive been taken diazepam aswell and was scared of becomming addicted but i can handle the side effects from the citalopram in the day its just the nights i find hard and would like to take a valium at night before bed just wondering what strength diazepam do u take i take 2,s

Hi again ,
    I'm on 2mg diaz too and cant see a prob with taking them at night when i was first on diaz i used to take 2 x 2mg a bedtime and slept brilliantly

I have noticed though that my sleeping pattern is a little disturbed now with the citalopram but hopefully that will settle down as they start to kick in,

Mystics

one more thing sorry do the diazepam work as well with the citalopram do they help with the side effects

No probs any questions fire away i will help as much as i can.

I found that the diaz are great with helping me with the side effects, when i start to feel abit wibbly i just pop a diaz keep busy for half an hour and heyyyyyyyyyyyy am soooooooooooo chilled lol

Mystics

thanks alot i think ill be popping a valium within the next hour lol

Please please be careful with the Diazepam and use it only when necessary and not regularly.

I know people that now deeply regret ever starting on it and struggling to get off it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information