Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worrying about these palps. :( haven't slept.

Worrying about these palps. :( haven't slept.

Hi everyone. Its like 7am and I haven't slept all night, have to be up soon to look after the dog while everyones out (more difficult than it sounds!) on top of not being able to sleep, I'm getting awful palpitations. They're every 30 secs or so and are quite forceful. I worry about my heart, I really think there's something wrong with it like high bp or some type of irregular heartbeat due to how strong some are :( i got a pain in my chest earlier too, more like a painful palp.

I don't know what to do, i just wanna go to sleep but there's not even any point as I have to be up soon, and I want the palps to go away :(!

Re: Worrying about these palps. :( haven't slept.

How old are you? Have you had any tests/seen your dr about them?

I'm 18, have had two ECG's and an echocardiogram, all came back fine. Never experienced any palps while I was on the ECG though so nothing was picked up about them :/ they've seem to get worse lately, with these awful chest pains which are different and more like a palpitation which hurts. So I worry it's something the ECG hasn't picked up as ECG's are so short.

Hi Darling, let me reassure you... just take it easy and first - don't worry about the lack of sleep, that will not harm you even if it feels awful.

You sound to have got into a cycle where your fear is making it worse and it getting worse is feeding your fear. I know that horrid feeling of worrying your body won't cope without the sleep, but it really will. (My kids didn't sleep for 7 years! I'm not saying it was pleasant, but...)

The pain is probably caused by you having been so tense and anxious that you have clenched a load of muscles in your chest without realising. Just mentally scan your body. Is your tummy tense? Shoulders? Relax them all... xx

I have been getting the same thing lately. Palpitations that hurt. It's brief but definitely a twinge with them like a spasm or something. Can't really advise as I've not got an answer, just to say you're not the only one.

Yes - You're right. To be honest, I think it was not being able to sleep which made the palps worse due to being anxious over it. Which then feeds into the anxiety itself! A viscous circle.

Once this is done, I'll try and have a few hours sleep to catch up. I don't feel too bad not having sleep, just frustrated!

Have you mentioned the pains to the dr or is this dice you went and had tests?

btw I know exactly what you mean about thinking ECGs are too short to find anything. But I did once ask and have it all explained to me, and although I can't explain it to you they DO definitely pick up what they need in that brief time. Don't worry Sweetheart!

Thanks for your reply mummyanxious. It's weird, I hope it is just a muscular spasm thing.

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

Mummyanxious - I went to the doctor a few months ago about the pains I was getting, as they was different to the pains I would normally experience and the once I was getting around the times of my test. She did not seem concerned due to having these previous tests, and diagnosed me with costochondritis and gave me some ibuprofen gel to put on my chest three times a day. It didn't work much, a very small amount, but I'm not sure if it was just stopping pain from the palps!

Speranza - thanks for that, it is reassuring that you've told me that. I always just thought it only picks up a tiny bit of what goes on!

It's very frustrating isn't it as this is different to what I've had before. I had learnt to accept my palps as stress until they came back with this pain. And it defo feels like its coming with the heartbeat from the heart. Told same as you, muscular, but I don't think muscles go that deep in your chest as to where its coming from.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information