Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling tired after a panic/anxiety attack

Feeling tired after a panic/anxiety attack

Good morning...does any one feel exhausted or really worn out after having a panic/anxiety attack. Sometimes my attacks last 10min then other times all day long. Anyone else have same feeling?

Re: Feeling tired after a panic/anxiety attack

Morning lost soul
    Yes i always feel drained afterwards. I have not had an attack last as long as yours though. what help are you getting for this?

Veronica

Currently none. I just moved to Mississippi from Virginia. I have to wait 90 days before my insurance from my new job to kick in. As I understand it in the UK health insurance is free. Must be nice...I do envy that. In the past however I have taken prozac but haven't found the right medicine to do the job. Everyday I feel like I'm having a stroke, heartattack, both arms get heavy and weak...I can't catch my breath, palpitations....I can't stand it anymore...I feel like I'm dying...I've had all kinds of tests and no doctor can find anything. I've tried controlling my breathing and that doesn't work. How about yourself?

hi there lost soul,
    dont worry too much, i myself have felt the same symptons. you are not dying, you are suffering from an anxiety disorder. it can feel like they are lasting all day but in fact it sounds like your stuck in a panick cycle. i cant advise you on how to stop it but i can tell you that your not alone it happens to most on here. so try not to worry too much.

rob...

Thanks for the reply Rob....it is comforting to know that I can have someone to relate to...I never heard of a panic cycle...do you ever get them?

Hiya to NMP its great to have you here.

Welcome from me as well. When you are feeling drained, take time for yourself and rest. Listen to your body!
    Welcome and Blessings,
    Sheryl

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

hi again lostsoul, yes i get stuck in cycles all the time that can last for weeks. its nothing unusual when living with this disorder. i know how scary they can be and how out of touch you may feel. but remember this can not do you any harm and what you are feeling is normal for this problem. i wish i could tell you how to stop it but i havnt figured that out myself yet.

keep your chin up
    rob..

Yes it can make you tired and weak. I don't have the answers but hang in there.
    good luck
    pumkin

i have this all the time. sometimes it stops for 1 hour and then start all over again. i get dizzy, i feel like i am going to pass out. i feel like electricity is rushing through my body. i feel scared or panicky. lately i dont feel the panic just the symptoms from all the stress and anxiety. i get tired after feeling my body trembling and being dizzy and i feel so sleepy. the chills are rare now. i started to get depression now because of the way i feel..the cause of my stress is my girls kids so im gonna have to move on soon. lost soul i know how you feel. i was scared before because i didnt know that anxiety could be constant but i guess it can be..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information