Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shortness Of Breath - When Talking!

Exclamation Shortness Of Breath - When Talking!

Hey Guys ,

I really need some help because not only is this oh so very annoying its rather worrying for me too. Well i make videos on youtube what requires alot of talking, mainly health and beauty videos. I get in the middle of doing a video and suddenly my breathing feels shortenedAND i wont be able to get my words out properly because i have not enough breath to talk. Its not only making videos. If im talking or making a convosation with someone my breath shortens and it feels like i cant breathe inwards enough. Its really frustrating and worrying so please, can anybody help me? Could i have asthma?

Re: Shortness Of Breath - When Talking!

To be honest it sounds to me like typical symptoms of anxiety, I have been getting it a lot lately. Do you feel like you can't take a deep breath? Because thats how I feel all the time.

It might be an idea to go to your doctor just to rule out asthma but it does really sound like anxiety to me and it is awful so I know how you feel

Aww ruby
    i have exactly the same problem and sat here now i have to keep taking deep breaths not sure why ,it is soo scarey though and breathing issues r connected to anxiety so im told and even my doctor keeps telling me my breathing issues r linked to the anxiety,do u only get it when ur talking ? i get it quite abit but when im talkin i feel im talkin to fast an this makes me get out of breathe too and i have to stop an pause quite abit .i knw im breathing all wrong which i knw idnt nt breathe correcty i breath though my chest an it gets all tight frm the tension an feels like i cannot get enough air this in turn scares the hell out of me even more so i speed my breathing up,eveen though i dnt no im doing it then i get in a right state so i think breathing issues are very common with the horrible anxiety and panic and i try to distract myself and listen to relaxing music and try to breath in through the nose slowly and breathe out through my mouth with a big sigh... Hope this helps but im sure its anxiety u can consult ur doctor but ive been twice an they listend to my chest an said ANXIETY luv c.xxx

Pru sorry to but in do u have breathing issues too? im expericing alot these days worst symptom for me by far hate it!!!gets me soo scared .im always having too take a big deep breathe or yawn to get a big enough breath or i feel that im not getting enough air,this all common with anxiety but so worrying .wish i knew how to control it!been ok allday an now its cum on tonight.thanks guys x

ive also had this before....it didnt last long though...worried me a few times then after a bit i forgot bout it...i think ,thinkin bout it migh be making it worse than it really is.....I found i didnt have enough breath to finish a sentence off..? sound familiar ?...it will pass as dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by cthechick84 View Post
    Pru sorry to but in do u have breathing issues too? im expericing alot these days worst symptom for me by far hate it!!!gets me soo scared .im always having too take a big deep breathe or yawn to get a big enough breath or i feel that im not getting enough air,this all common with anxiety but so worrying .wish i knew how to control it!been ok allday an now its cum on tonight.thanks guys x
    Yes! I am getting exactly the same problem, I sit here trying to take the deepest breath I can just to prove I can do it, but I just can't and the more I try the more anxious I feel and yes I yawn to try and get a deep breath too. I know it's an anxiety problem, but it just feels awful and even when it fades it is back the next day and the cycle begins again.

Quote Originally Posted by trev1234 View Post
    ive also had this before....it didnt last long though...worried me a few times then after a bit i forgot bout it...i think ,thinkin bout it migh be making it worse than it really is.....I found i didnt have enough breath to finish a sentence off..? sound familiar ?...it will pass as dont worry
    Sound exactly like my problem! Thanks for the advice

Weird thing is I can sing for ages and not get short of breath but sometimes when I'm talking it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mick_uk View Post
    Weird thing is I can sing for ages and not get short of breath but sometimes when I'm talking it happens.
    Same here! Although tbh most people wish I wouldn't sing for ages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information