Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IBS symptoms list.

IBS symptoms list.

Hi

Can all of you suffering from IBS let me have a list of your symptoms please?

Mine are:

Abdominal pain in 3 areas (not necessarily all at the same time!) - sharp/burning pain under ribs, cramp like pain around my tummy button and discomfort very low down almost in my bottom like a pressure.

Wind/gas I belch and hiccup a lot and have the other end too especially first thing in the morning. Lots of stomach gurgling!

Bowel Movements These have not changed hugely as I have had on average 3 BMs a day for years. However, I do have an urgency in the morning and often go several times in a short space of time. BMs can be normal some days, looser next day (very rarely diarhea), sometimes thin.

Incomplete BM I always feel like I need to go. When I do, this eases for a short while but comes back and hangs around all day even when I don't need to go. I have had piles too which doesn't help!!

Bloatedness Sometimes I feel 3 months pregnant!!

I have had good blood test results, good pelvic and abdomnal ultrasound, normal urine test, good blood pressure, no lumps in tummy, no weight loss or loss of appetite, no bleeding (apart from piles!). I was diagnosed with IBS 3 and a half years ago after a colonoscopy and barium xray. I have been largely ok until a few months ago. I think I have convinced myself that I don't have bowel cancer but it keeps creeping back into my mind!!

But i have symptoms every day and have done for the last 10 weeks. The main symptom at the moment is pain under my ribs and pressure (feeling of incomplete BM). The doctor has just done a test for H. Pylori. I am starting CBT next week.

Does anyone else have ongoing symptoms?

Re: IBS symptoms list.

How long have you got? LOL
    ok I'll try to get the ones you havent said. Must point out that I have "attacks", probably every couple months is, most of the rest of the time the symptoms are mild or absent completely.

-deep aching in the bones of my arms and legs (why?!!)
    -headache, usually frontal above eyes, usually relieved slightly on going to toilet.
    -Abdominal pain, I often get a bloated pain on one side only, but it can alternate, usually left side under ribcage.
    -Lump in throat/slight discomfort when swallowing
    -Lump in top of stomach as if stomach is full but not quite
    -Acid indigestion feeling
    -Bloatedness, you mentioned it but I'll mention it again - because it can be really bad
    -Nausea, mild usually
    -Cramps, cramps, cramps and more cramps. You can actually feel your bowels cramping up and releasing. Or maybe thats my imagination!!!

plus all of what you said.

Wow Moore, many of those things relate to me aswell, The lump in throat is mainly anxiety that is for sure, the lump on the top of the stomach, I belive its the same feeling as I get, its asif there is a small, pressured spot just above your stomach right, behind the breast-bone?

I also get cramps all over my belly, low, high, right, left so anoying!

Hi there

Mainly i get..

Bloating - awful sensation and yes i look pregnant with it :S, takes a while for it to subside

Abdominal pain/cramps - goes across where the belly button is, and goes down the left side of my groin, can go on for weeks!!

Bad taste in mouth

Tired

Loads of aches and pains, but they are probably a combination of anxiety and IBS

Also have IC as well, and that doesn't help.

my symptoms are; nausea,belching with nausea and not, sometimes after coffee or tea. wind down below, metalic taste? yes i suffer from aches etc. Mucous in bowel movements, soreness in belly button area, acid indigestion, this is linked with the belching, yes tiredness, but some of these could be anxiety, who knows.

Oh guys, I am really worried about bowel cancer at the moment, maybe I have IBS my symptoms at the mo are.

nausea
    acid indigestion
    bloating
    gas both ends
    watering mouth
    constipation and sometimes constipation followed by slight diarrheoa!
    This is what has worried me as its a symptom of bowel cancer!

Hello everyone

My symptoms of IBS are:

* feeling have something stuck under the right rib (at bottom) or sometimes acid type feeling there. often goes when empitied bowel or can feel like loads of gas building up when get it

*abdo bloating, like you say Jo can look like I am pregnant and really sticks out alot with being quite a slim girl anyway. This is also worse after eating carbs..... boo!

*gas at both ends

*nausea

*tiredness

*muscle pains and aches in thighs

*bowel movements vary. can go days being ok then next day maybe constipated or then can be bit runny (sorry!!) then next minute can't go! noticed in mornings I am having to run to go to the loo

*acid indigestion - sometimes feels more like have light/floaty feeling in middle of chest

*abdo pain, mainly on right but can be left and also lower back pain

The worst for me is bloating, feeling in rib and abdo pain.
    Does anyone else get the feeling under the rib? Is this what you mean by the pain under your ribs jo?

I have had normal blood tests, waiting for an ultra sound. Blood pressure is good too. Good appetite, better than ever, no weight loss no bleeding

hello, am currently freaking out cause of discomfort under r hand side of ribs, its not painfull just really uncomftable, it feels really full, i havent eaten since yesterday morning cause of this, ive been awake all night freaking out about, i do have ibs, and usually deal with it fine, but i dunno if its my current state of mind, my overactive imagination is coming up with some really impressive illneses this could be, does anyone else get this? any advice would be great.
    ps.. have tried gallons of minty tea and water, no help!!

Quote Originally Posted by loli1982 View Post
    hello, am currently freaking out cause of discomfort under r hand side of ribs, its not painfull just really uncomftable, it feels really full, i havent eaten since yesterday morning cause of this, ive been awake all night freaking out about, i do have ibs, and usually deal with it fine, but i dunno if its my current state of mind, my overactive imagination is coming up with some really impressive illneses this could be, does anyone else get this? any advice would be great.
    ps.. have tried gallons of minty tea and water, no help!!
    Ive had it before, on the right side. Not painful, just aware of it? I find it almost feels like my liver is slightly swollen!? But i'm sure its not even connected to that. It goes away after a day or so for me, but ive had it more than a few times now, so I dont panic about it now ive gotta admit.

My I.B.S symptoms over the years have been....

Pain on one side, cant remember which side, when I was early 20's. Although i'm not sure if that was an ovary cyst really.

Excrutiating stomach pains in my early 20's (mostly psycosomatic? and eased 90% as soon as I walked out the hospital after reassurance from a consultant)

Bloated feeling, even after only drinking a cup of tea let alone eat anything! That lasted a few weeks & worried me sick.

Most recent ones have been, Feeling nauseus after eating Mango believe it or not.

The runs the morning after eating strawberrys!

And horrendous stomach cramps & wind the morning after a bag of veg stir fry!! That one hurts the most because I love the stir fry!
    (I still have it but make sure I am not working the next day but the discomfort is over with quite quick if I am near a loo, even if I do get waken up early because of it lol)

my ibs symptoms range from severe stomach pain on the right hand side just under my ribs,,also get the feeling theres a lump there ,,,i can range from normal bm,,once to twice dailey,,when im going through it up to eight times in a short space of time,,i can also feel sick,,very tired,,bad taste in my mouth,,wind,,gurgling,,and belching first thing in the morning and loads of acid,

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information