Thread: Can anxiety cause stroke-like symptoms?

Can anxiety cause stroke-like symptoms?

Last night and this morning my mouth has been feeling funny on one side, almost like I've been to the dentist and had a mild dose of anaesthetic. My mouth doesn't droop but it feels 'not quite right'. One of my main HA fears is stroke, and this symptom is how I would imagine a stroke to start off.

Can anxiety cause stroke-like symptoms like this? Anything else it could be?

Re: Can anxiety cause stroke-like symptoms?

I have this quite often, i keep running to the bathroom to look in the mirror to see if my face looks ok. But you should get checked out by your gp if you are worried, im sure you will be fine x

sarah x

Skippy often get this feeling down my left side, not just my face, but my whole left side and it feels lie a stroke but, if I move around it goes and seems to be when my heart and pulse slow down too much

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

If I went to my GP every time I was worried I might as well pitch a tent there...

I have this quite regularly - numbness and odd feelings down the right side of my face, up through to the top of my head and down my arm - was convinced I was having a stroke. Anyway, went to an osteopath for a back complaint, mentioned it to him and he had a good feel around my neck, jaw etc and said my muscles were so tight, the nerve endings which are situated between the layers of muscles were being pinched and that was what was causing the symptoms. HAd a few massages, and now feel much better! So again another symptom through physical tension!!

@Skippy66 im the same mate lol, i got to the doctors alot.

@Typer im the same also, with me im the type of person who thinks he has somthing bad if i know the symptoms, so like when i get pins and needles and my hands go weird i think the same thing and my heart also feels like its slowing down then i panic for about a hr then im fine.

Me too!Don't worry...

Thread Information