Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship OCD?

Relationship OCD?

Does anyone know about this? My therapist mentioned it and I'm looking for more info.....

Ruth x

Re: Relationship OCD?

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what your problems are but this is an article which may help you , it is about relationship obsessions, it is called 'loves me?, loves me not?',
    http://westsuffolkpsych.homestead.com/LovesMe.html
    Hope it helps!
    x

hey,

so whats the problem? i have had very similar things to this - and my OCD had wrecked 2 serrious relationships and left me gutted - one of which was recent and i am still not over - abnything i can do to help you ? x

"my names lou and im a relationship OCDer"

i suffered from it really badly starting about a year ago for a good 6 months. It comes and goes now but so much more mildly!
    Whats your symptoms?

I'm not as bad as I was 3 months ago, but basically fear and panic about what is actually a really happy marriage. It came completely out of the blue. One day I was happy and content and then the following afternoon - bang! It hit me! I can't really explain it, but complete panic about my husband, whether or not I love him, whether or not I'm happy. The whole thing makes me very upset. However, I KNOW i love him, the physical side of our relationship is fine and I know if he asked me to marry him again I'd say yes. BUT i can't stop the thoughts!

Any advice?

soudns like text book ROCD. Pretty much the same as me, after a while of being together and so in love, one night i recieved a mesage saying "I LOVE YOU" and BANG here comes the ROCD. Its horrible, i felt like i was lying when i told him i loved him, i felt like i felt nothing, thought i didnt fancy him, thought i'd cheat etc etc etc whilst at the same time i KNEW i loved him and everything about our relationship was (and still is) amazing.

the feelings you feel are horrible and i completely empathise with you.
    but if you reasearch ROCD you'll find loads of peopl experiencing thoughts just like you.

your OCD is liek this big fat liar who makes you beleive the bad things and is dead scary. But if you just dont pay it any attention, all the anxiety iwll go away.

Not only are the feelings horrible, but eventually they make you believe you will never be able to go through with a serious relationship. I hate it so much!

That's interesting - for me the feelings are the opposite. Not that I don't love him, or would be happier with someone else, but that he will leave ME. Does that still "count" as ROCD?

xoxox

I have that fear my partner will leave me, I look for signs all the time, voice, tone, etc etc - I have OCD, I always assumed my thoughts re my partner leaving me were due to my parents splitting when I was 13. Wonder if it's ROCD then? hmmm

Hey there,

I am new here but you might be interetested in this forum

http://www.stuckinadoorway.org/forum...splay.php?f=53. There are several great threads on this forum including a long thread on on relationship OCD and a thread on Phillip Stevenson who has written several articles on ROCD.

Take a look...I hope it helps.

RDSC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information