Thread: Palpitations with throat sensation

Palpitations with throat sensation

I upped my citalopram from 20mg to 30mg on Saturday. I don't know if it's related but a few minutes ago I started getting a weird hear sensation accompanied by an odd feeling around my voice box. It's still going on and everytime something like this happens with my heart I can't stop thinking I'm having a heart attack!!

Also, earlier today I got purses of tingling across the back of my head. Is there any chance both of things could be down to the citalopram increase? It's worse than when I started the tablets in the first place!!

Re: Palpitations with throat sensation

Does it feel like a tapping,or twitching sensation or a fluttering like you need to cough?

That was the first symptom I noticed,my throat felt odd and I felt breathless, so went to my doctor who sent me to ER for tests, they kept me over night but this was mainly more because I was having such bad anxiety and think they just wanted be on the safe side.

If this is the first time, please mention this to your doctor, heart palpitations are normal, but still need to be investigated to make 100% sure its just the anxiety or in your case it may be the medication.

You might want to look here>http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49

A lot of odd sensations are due to anxiety but again if its new it could be the meds, weird head sensations are very much the usual when you start a new med or up the dose

Thread Information