Thread: ongoing stomach issues worrying me sick

Unhappy ongoing stomach issues worrying me sick

I've been suffering for three weeks now from nausea, excess acid and burning sensations in my stomach.

I've been to a doctor 3 times now and I will be going back again today. I've been given Lansoprazole to help and I'm hoping it will kick in soon.

This all started when I ate some under cooked chicken nuggets and it seems to change on a dime. Some days I feel a bit better and other days (like yesterday) I feel awful. The burning and the nausea are the worst.

I am convinced that this is causing my anxiety. I had been fine before these bad stomach issues came around. Of course I'm now worrying that it's stomach cancer.

I feel hopeless. I just want to know what is wrong with me :(

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Re: ongoing stomach issues worrying me sick

Sounds like same issues i had. Was gastritis. Dr gave Nexium. And after 2 weeks feel better. Im no doctor but maybe it will help. Anxiety doesnt help any situation. Gastritis only added to my ibs. Hope you feel better.

Sounds like you are still in contact with dr Google tell you what give him a day off And with out being rude I will tell you what's wrong with you, you have HA as you are thinking the worse case scenario I guarantee you that you haven't got stomach cancer so be ready for I told you so gang we are waiting ATB

Quote Originally Posted by kalny View Post
    I've been suffering for three weeks now from nausea, excess acid and burning sensations in my stomach.

I've been to a doctor 3 times now and I will be going back again today. I've been given Lansoprazole to help and I'm hoping it will kick in soon.

This all started when I ate some under cooked chicken nuggets and it seems to change on a dime. Some days I feel a bit better and other days (like yesterday) I feel awful. The burning and the nausea are the worst.

I am convinced that this is causing my anxiety. I had been fine before these bad stomach issues came around. Of course I'm now worrying that it's stomach cancer.

I feel hopeless. I just want to know what is wrong with me :(

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
    While you're at the Dr's ask for a test for Helicobacter Pylori, you may have this. It's a bacterium that get's into the stomach lining and can give the same symptoms. It's treated with antibiotics and acid suppressant meds.

I've been suffering the same for going on a month now. It started in mid-April when I had a ton of stress at work, so I've been trying to attribute it to that but the longer it goes on the bigger my fear gets!

I've made appointments with the gastro for next week so we'll see what he says. I've had the acid on an off, indigestion, burping, gas, bloating. It doesn't seem to be really consistent, but it does feel sort of related to stress (it will be worse under stress than not).

I too have done the horrible Dr. Google search and all it comes back with is either an acid problem or stomach cancer. Guess which one I think I have? lol

I'm 36 with no family history of anything. Doesn't prevent me from thinking the worst - always. :(

Me too. Been feeling lousy for 5 months. Had all the tests. Felt better for a few weeks then bad again. I am confident it is related to stress but sometimes I cant stop thinking about my gut. When I am occupied I am usually fine......

Thread Information