Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumpy lower abdomen - wind or poo???

Lumpy lower abdomen - wind or poo???

OK, this is REALLY embarressing. I am a bit of an obsessive checker for lumps and the other day I noticed, if I really poked hard, that there were weird lumps in my lower-left abdomen. I'd never felt them before and they seemed to move about a bit under my fingers. Anyway, I PANICED, thinking this is it, I have cancer for sure. I rushed to the doctor who had a feel and said there was nothing there at all and that I probably imagined it. I had a feel too - and sure enough the lumps had gone. But later they were back again, and now they've gone again...... HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS???? Is it bubbles of wind, or bowel contents or what????

Re: Lumpy lower abdomen - wind or poo???

You must have pressed very hard to be able to feel faeces in the bowel through the muscle wall. Are you sure it wasn't fat? I know if I press my stomach I can feel little lumps this is fat.
    Last edited by Trixie; 30-05-08 at 21:32.

Hi
    I too can feel little lumps all over my stomach. They are defo fat as all my friends have them too. Thing is though I am 2 stone overweight LOL!!!!!
    Honestly, nothing to worry about!!!!
    xxx

I get this.
    As you say, to the left side of the lower abdomen. Being as I'm a fairly skinny guy, this can be quite easy to feel, especially whilst lying down. This can be due to bowel contents. I first discovered this about 30 years ago, so don't worry about it. If you suffer from Anxiety, you could also have a slight amount of constipation which would be another reason for the lump feeling. You may feel this more some days than others. There is normally no pain when pressing the area (not too hard though). It is very alarming at first, but I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.
    If in any doubt, get a second opinion.
    Kevin.

Hi, I have IBS & when first started with it, I had this too & sometimes now when have bad pain I can feel it. Don't worry, its normal.

Thanks all. I am ashamed to admit I got my brother, who is a vet, to ultrasound me to look at the lumps. There was nothing of note there, but the contents of my bowels were churning like mad (anxiety related IBS, i guess). Anyway, bro said lumps would either be poo, or the bowel wall itself contracting. He told me to stop being such an idiot and get a grip. He's right.

Glad you are ok. It is cool to have a brother who could do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Thanks all. I am ashamed to admit I got my brother, who is a vet, to ultrasound me to look at the lumps. There was nothing of note there, but the contents of my bowels were churning like mad (anxiety related IBS, i guess). Anyway, bro said lumps would either be poo, or the bowel wall itself contracting. He told me to stop being such an idiot and get a grip. He's right.

Perhaps you can ask him about the cause of my anxiety, my Siamese cat.

If you are on the slim side you can definately feel your intestines. I am always prodding mine

Quote Originally Posted by Alabasterlyn View Post
    If you are on the slim side you can definately feel your intestines. I am always prodding mine
    Why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information