Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sharp chest pains and under arm,left breast and left arm pain AGAIN.

sharp chest pains and under arm,left breast and left arm pain AGAIN.

Okay this is really hard to explain so forgive me if I sound like a crazy person here.. :(

I have been having bother with my left arm for AGES,maybe over a year or so..at first I thought it was tennis elbow and wore a bandage..

this was away last year.

But it seems to be all up my arm and my left breast,collar bone,shoulder,neck,ribs,armpit,you name it,all onthe left side.

I was out last week and my heart banged and it stopped me dead(pardon the pun) and it was almost like my heart restarted but I got chest pains and I was shaky.

I was out yesterday with my mum and I was in the shopping centre and I started getting stitch like shar shooting pains on my left side and I had to sit down and I couldn't breathe in properly.

It's sore to use my whole left arm,it is rather sore and it is sore mostly at collar bone and side of my left breast and rib.

I dunno what this is. I am terrifed It's breast cancer or lung cancer or something related. :( I'm getting an appointment with doc tomorrow but I'm terrified.

Does anyone else know what the hell I'm talking about? I forgot to mention that it seems to be long standing but can get better sometimes and then otehrtimes it appear again really bad.

Re: sharp chest pains and under arm,left breast and left arm pain AGAIN.

ok i googled..seems it llooks like breast cancer of some sort :'(

Oh Wee-Mee, I wish you wouldn't google - it always makes us feel dreadful. From what you say, it sounds like your condition is something muscular, or possibly a trapped nerve. For years I have had on and off, a pain which extends from under my left armpit going to the left side of my boob, and extending up to my collar bone, sometimes change of temperature sets it off, it is a strange feeling; i know it is difficult to ignore these sensations, and to be honest it bothers me when it happens, but i know for certain it is nothing sinister. Please don't go thinking you have breast cancer, because that is highly unlikely. Wish I could find a way of reassuring you - I am sure your doctor will put your mind at rest tomorrow. Meantime stay away from google.

Big hug Rosie xx

:I will be going to doctors tomorrow Rosie yep. The pain is all the left way down my back now and ribs,mostl still radiating round the tops though. :(

Anyone have any pain relief advice? It is such a horrible burning feeling..and like I'm cold inside aswell. I can't explain this..lack of comments makes me think it is rather odd heh. :(

Someone please help me. I'm really owrried that this is breast cancer or lung cancer. left arm pain and breast pain etc all sound slike cancer. :( its all up my shoulder and neck and I havent pulled any muslces or anything :( And it comes and goes but its always dull. it kinda goes down towards my ribs aswell. And painkillers arenr helping :'( im really distressed and stupid me slept in o call docs cos i was up late last night

You could have squashed/trapped a nerve somewhere in your upper body, if you have done that then it can radiate out all over your body as nerves are linked. If I trap a nerve in my chest it can make my fingers hurt!

Go and see the doctor tomorrow, but I'm sure it's muscular or a pinched nerve. I have googled for you and have found this which seems to back up my theory and blows yours out of the water! Hope it helps hun xx

Several times daily an individual will come into the office with a left arm tingling, or pain or tingling in the left chest. Often the patient will be concerned about the heart. This discomfort is most often due to a " pinched nerve" in the cervical spine where a disc is bulging onto the nerve root. This can cause acute severe pain, or a chronic low grade intermittent gnawing pain. The discomfort can be at the base of the neck, radiating up into the scalp, down the shoulder to the arm and fingers, into the top of the chest, the pectorals, into the angle of the shoulderblade, or under the arm and into the lower pectoral muscles. Some women with this pain become concerned about breast cancer, which incidentally rarely causes pain, especially in the first few years.

Hello Wee-Mee,

Just noticed you were logged in, what a pity you didn't manage to get to the doctor, because i know he would have put your mind at rest.

I am certain you definitely do not have cancer - it really sounds like muscular tension - even though you are unaware of pulling a muscle you can still get muscular aches. The anxiety also makes it a whole lot worse, because you are focusing on it, and also your body is tense. As you have already experienced this health anxiety can cause all sorts of things to go on in our minds, and it becomes almost impossible to be rational about it - we convince ourselves something is terribly wrong.

I hope you manage to see the doctor tomorrow, so that he can reassure you nothing is wrong.

Thumbs up Re: sharp chest pains and under arm,left breast and left arm pain AGAIN.

hi wee mee I get the same kind of pain you described, try this.
    get a tennis ball or squash ball and place on the point of the pain,
    hold it place while finding a flat wall or you can use the floor.
    use the flat surface to pin the tennis ball and massage the sore spot , do this for between 30 -60 seconds this is deep tissue self massage it should hurt quite a bit but its a good hurt if you know what I mean. this should give you some relief if its a trapped nerve of some kind, check how your breathing is after ...... better? If it is something more sinister this deep tissue massage would not make a jot of difference.
    If its any consellation if I had a quid for every time I thought I had a terminal illness I would be a rich man by now!

If it makes you feel any better I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms right now....it's not nice....

Hey!

Im 20 years old and ive been having the exact same pains for about a year and a half. I went to the doctors many times and got an ultra sound and they said everything was clear.

I get in in my right boob, armpit, arm, shoulder blade, collar bone. My anxiety was sky rocketing during this time.

Until my mother told me she has the exact same pain when shes stressed out.

I ended up going to a chiropractor who advised me that my right shoulder plan was super tense because of my posture. The more i got treatements with him the better i felt.

Today i still get these pains from time to time but not as much as i did when i was super freaking out about it. I find that sleeping on low pillows really helps it.

I hope you feel better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information