Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallstones, what were your symptoms?

Gallstones, what were your symptoms?

I was being treated for helicobacter last week and had a pain under my right rib when I saw the GP. He said possible gallstones aswell as the helicobacter. I was abit shocked because gallstones have never been mentioned before and the rib pain only started once i started with the helicobacter treatment.

It is like the odd little shooting pain in my right rib, but it's more located to the side of me than directly under my rib. It doesn't shoot up to my shoulder or anything like that. GP said it's probably not but they want to rule it out.

It isn't that painful, just like a niggle, feels more like abit of wind rumbling around, I have been full of it since the helicobacter.

I have a scan soon, waiting for a date. Think I have been through enough with the termination, helicobacter.... do I really need another thing to add to the mix??

What were your symptoms? How was it treated? My GP said there are other options, rather than surgery.

Re: Gallstones, what were your symptoms?

hi jessica
    areyou feeling no better after taking the helicobacter meds? i am in so much pain tonight, did you ever feel like someone was squeezing you stomach tight and feel like you couldnt breathe? i get pain worse when im hungry? im still too frightened to take the omeprazole,

back to you, my freoind had gallstones and she had tem removed by keyhole surgery, its good your doctor is letting you have scans done to be sure.

HI,

Yes much better, only finished the meds this morning though.

Yes I get that pain if I don't eat, it's awful. HUnger pains are the devil!!!!

Why have you not taken it yet? you really should, but more importantly you need to eat, hunger pains just cause more wind.

im scared to take them incase they make me feel bad!! stupid i know, do you get the tight stomach that leaves you breathless?
    i am more windy though than heart burn so worried omeprazole wont work.
    denise x

You won't know unless you try it. I get VERY nervous about taking new meds, with good reason but I always make sure I have someone with me when I take them. If I get no reaction withing half an hour then I know I am fine and I relax.

Honestly don't worry, I am on lansoprazole permenantly now and I am not worried at all. The pros outweight the cons.

You will be fine, just be strong xxxx

I have had that feeling when the wind pains are very bad in my stomach.

i was thinking of taking it at night that way i can sleep through the side effects, i cant cope like this so i need too, i suffer from agriphobia and i was starting to go out again until i got this .
    thanks for youur help hun.
    denise x

I have been suffering this for some time now. I had my Gallbladder removed by keyhole surgery last May but the pain has persisted since then. I've had the pain under my right lower ribs and it can moved round to the right side.
    I had a CT scan last November which showed absolutely nothing wrong. The pain can affect my appetite and of course produce nausea. On Thursday of last week I had had enough and took myself off to A and E.

I had blood tests (normal) and a abdominal X ray (again normal). The final diagnosis was IBS. Unfortunately, IBS can only be diagnosed once all other tests have been negative, ie, Blood, urine, endoscopy, bacteria etc etc.

The point of interest hear is that if you are an anxiety sufferer, you will almost always produce too much acid in your stomach, which in turn will lead to inflamation, which will produce pain. IBS is a symptom which in my opinion is caused by anxiety etc. Acid and IBS seem to go hand in hand. The doctors now believe there was no reason to remove my gallbladder (although I did have very very small crystals inside it) because the reason for the Gallbladder inflamation.....and pain......was due to the acid! Hence the reason I'm still in pain.

I of all people refuse to take medication for my anxiety because I'm scared of side effects, but I'm afraid I have given in as far as the acid and IBS is concerend because I'd had enough. Therefore, I am on day 4 of Omeprazole and Buscopan and I have to admit that things are a lot better and so far, no side effects!

Please think that this may be acid that is causing your pain due to inflammation. The first step if this is so, is to reduce the amount of acid which will be done by taking anti acid medication. It's worth thinking about.

Good luck.

Thank you.

I am on lansoprazole daily now. I have finished my helicobacter treatment.

I have always suffered from wind and acid, it has been especially worse since my op in December, I guess all down to stress and anxiety.

I do have IBS, all my bloods are fine, urine too. It was just helicobacter that showed up and the GP said I needed treating. They just want to do this scan to rule anything else out I think.

i too have ibs, my doctor has given me merbrivine, ive decided i am going to start taking tomorrow, my husbands off work so i can take them if i go funny hes there .
    hoprefully make me feel better.

I believe that most (prescribed) anti acids take about a day to start working properly.
    I may be wrong but a doctor once told me this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information