Thread: heartbeat moves whole body?

heartbeat moves whole body?

hi there. i've been suffering from anxiety for about 8 months now. when my heart beats i can see it all across my top half. i can see it in my neck, it seems to shake my body and when i'm sat on my computer chair or laid down it seems to make me move off the chair/bed a little bit. i also have a stiff neck to go along with this but that's noit absolutely constant. another symptom i have pretty much constantly is a slight pressure in my head which sometimes gets greater but is always there in some form.

i just counted how many beats in a minute holding my finger to my neck and a stopwatch and came up as 87 so i guess it's 87 bpm resting. i have however just had a cup of tea and am generally a very lazy person (often not even leaving the house) and am also a smoker.

the thing that is most depressing is if my head is leaned against something it feels like my head is contantly moving in tune with my heartbeat. any ideas?

Re: heartbeat moves whole body?

The heart is a very powerful muscle. It beats about 100,000 times a day so it would have to be strong, which is probably why you can see/feel your pulse when sitting still. Mine does that too. I think, as health anxiety sufferers, we're more aware of things going on with our body. It probably happens to everyone, it's just that non-health anxiety sufferers pay it no mind.

i get that completely and i know that the heart is a ridiculously resillient muscle, especially being 21 years old. the thing that bugs me is my stiff neck (normally just on the left side) and my head constantly moving. i can't seem to shake these feelings. they've been with me for 8 months whereas my heart issues have only been there for around 4 or 5.

hye konki i am also suffering all you said and you wont believe i have visited every type of doctor i wana help you.. please reply

Arsalan, I have same thing happening for the last 3 years now. Feel heart beat all over body and slight body, head shake also.
    Did you find anything on your side?

I've been getting that. I think because we're suffering from anxiety, we're more aware of what is happening to our bodies so we notice it a lot easier.

Thread Information