Thread: Fluoxetine - Day 6

Unhappy Fluoxetine - Day 6

Hi all,

I'm on day 6 of taking fluoxetine and have a very queasy tummy. Is this normal? I thought the sickness might have passed within the first couple of days, and even then, I didn't feel this sick. I've even started to itch a bit on my arms and tummy. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, when will this nausea subside?

Thanks

C2B

Re: Fluoxetine - Day 6

Yes it is normal, I'm on Flouxentine and I felt really queasy in the first few weeks and I did lose quite a bit of weight as my appetite was very poor but this was due to high anxiety. I also found that my arms and legs were very itchy but it does get better, persevere you will feel much better soon and trust me the appetite does come back with a vengeance!!!

Lis

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffed2Bits View Post
    Hi all,

I'm on day 6 of taking fluoxetine and have a very queasy tummy. Is this normal? I thought the sickness might have passed within the first couple of days, and even then, I didn't feel this sick. I've even started to itch a bit on my arms and tummy. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, when will this nausea subside?

Thanks

C2B
    stick with them .. when i started on them 5 months they gave me 3 massive panic attacks a day for aout 6 weeks ? when u have been on them about 12 weeks they start to make u very dumb and unable to think too much which i find great ... they stop the fretting ....

thanks, appreciate the reply. I'll stick with them and hope that this passes!

Kind regards

C2B

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

All SSRIs (fluoxetine, paroxetine, citalopram etc) can give you an upset stomach, nausea and reduced appetite. It does pass after a few weeks so stick with it and hopefully it'll be worth it.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Cheers all!!!

Feeling better with the replies...

I am on it too and i never felt sick. IT helps if you eat something before hand, no good to take it on an empty stomach. good luck!

Thread Information