Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety while relaxing

Anxiety while relaxing

Does anybody find that they get anxious after sitting down to relax? I've been fine all day but have started to notice that after relaxing (just watching television) that anxiety is starting to creep in. I get the sweaty palms and surreal depersonalised feelings. Like a dead man walking!!?!!
    Is it maybe because I feel so relaxed? It's as if I cant feel myself, like an empty feeling.

Try this previous post ..

panicking about being relaxed now!

Nicola

Hi Anxiety26, I get the same, I was like that constant untill this year but this year have been much better but did notice if I sat down to relax I got real bad anxiety, In the siummer months I was trying to keep bussy like doing things in the garden etc, but now the dark long cold nights seem to be more of a prisoner so have to stay indoors more and am noticing it much more. Relaxation is supposed to be good for anxiety but I never found that I try to keep going as much as possable not to have to sit still. Take care, Vernon

Hi,

I think it's because you are relaxing and not pre-occupied with things and your mind can then just start the thoughts that create panic.

I think this is why my panic always came out at night because during the day I was at work or busy doing things.

Take care

Alan

"Life's a roller-coaster and I am not strapped in"

Hi ANXIETY26

I can relate totally... Maybe it's because when you sit down and do nothing , then you have more time to think , therefore worry.
    I find that I feel better when I am busy, at least mentally...
    When you sit down, maybe try a crossword or a book , its a good way of avoiding those worries and still relax.

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

yeah i find this too.

i found hypnotherapy brought on a panic as i wasn't used to relaxing.

Sarah

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Does anybody find that they get anxious after sitting down to relax? I've been fine all day but have started to notice that after relaxing (just watching television) that anxiety is starting to creep in. I get the sweaty palms and surreal depersonalised feelings. Like a dead man walking!!?!!
    Is it maybe because I feel so relaxed? It's as if I cant feel myself, like an empty feeling.

<div align="right">Originally posted by ANXIETY26 - 12 November 2005 : 20:27:42</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi I feel like that when watching TV its horrible because you are only trying to do such a simple thing its awful

I know what you mean barbie. When I'm really tired at the end of the day and I stop doing things - thats when the anxiety can creep up on me. I normally start worrying about if I'll sleep that night.

I even get cheesed off with the programme I'm watching. How dare they depict people who have no anxiety or never worry about insomnia!?!

Dusty

Its horrible and I feel like no one else suffers from it they can watch whatever they want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information