Thread: So tired and fed up - clomipramine help!

So tired and fed up - clomipramine help!

I started 30mg of clomipramine about 10 days ago and seem to have the most horrendous tiredness all day. I slept for 12 hours last night and when I wake up I feel drugged and it takes me ages to come round. It is also making me feel a little snappy with my boyfriend, although I suppose this could be to do with the tirednesss.
    I was on lofepramine last year which worked a little but wasn't great and after 4 weeks on prozac with terrible side effects, I am now trying clomipramine.
    I know it is only a low dose that I am on but I really don't like the spacey can't be bothered feeling that this is giving me. Do you think it will pass? Should I step down to 20mg for a while?

Re: So tired and fed up - clomipramine help!

Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I think it's best to have a chat with your doctor regarding this. I have had clomipramine in the past and I have to say it wasn't for me. But you have done well so far, you have managed 10 days....the worst is probably already done as far as side effects go. Maybe the tiredness is a good thing, gives your mind and body a chance to rest and heal. Good luck. Kitti

Thanks for the response, I don't seem to react well to SSRI's hence reason for trying this one. I suppose I should go with it for a few more weeks. It is just so draining when you feel so tired all the time. I am so used to just doing and wanting to do stuff. The last couple of years with anxiety, and now depression have been crap and I just want to feel better.

Aww, you will get there hun, just take things one day at a time. It is very draining, I agree. Have you tried CBT? I have found it very beneficial. I wish you well x

Yeah, tried CBT but it didn't seem to work for me. I have suffered with panic/anxiety for about 10 years but it is only since a relationship break up about a year ago did it turn into high anxiety and depression. I am waiting on a Psych appt in September, so I am hoping they will be able to help me get to the bottom of it all and start to build my life back near to what it was years ago.

Thread Information