Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel like I have something stuck in my throat/chest

Feel like I have something stuck in my throat/chest

Hi everyone

I've just signed to this forum as I think I need a bit of support....

I thought about posting this in the Pregnancy forum but I thought more people might know what might be wrong with me here!

I'm 36 years old and 24 weeks pregnant with my second child.

Ever since I can remember I have always been scared about my health. Through the years I have been convinced that I have had something wrong with me. I eventually get over it, move on and then something else will trigger it off again I.e. Hearing of someone being very ill.
    My whole health anxiety wasn't helped when my mum died three years ago from an illness.

Anyway, fast forward to the last few weeks and I have just panicked about every little symptom. One week I had diarrhoea for five days and was convinced I had colon cancer. The following week I had lightheadedness and convinced myself that it was a symptom of another illness.
    But the reason why I have posted is because a few times that I have gone to bed and laid down, usually on my left side, I have had this 'feeling' of something building up inside (starting from somewhere near my stomach I think) and working its way up into my chest area. It doesn't burn but it feels like someone is holding onto my esophagus quite tightly and just feels generally tightish making me want to cough. The feeling subsides after about 15 minutes. Now I feel like something is stuck in my throat. Have had it for a few days now! It's not painful but really annoying.

What could it be? Haven't been docs yet..

Thanks for reading....xxxx

Re: Feel like I have something stuck in my throat/chest

Sounds like acid reflux/indigestion to me

aboard

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks NoMorePanic.....! Can you still have acid reflux without that burning sensation?

Hi, I have exact same feeling and do suffer from reflux without heartburn x

Thanks Kerri. It's horrid isn't it? I also get pain in my upper back, in between my shoulder blades. Not sure if that's normal or not?

I too get chest and upper back pain and always think the worst. Even ended up in A and E and it was trapped wind

Thanks Kerri. It's always reassuring when you hear of others going through a similar thing (although I also sympathise too).

Thanks for your help xx

Hi DeMaz,

Congrats on the little one on the way Some good stuff in the replies and indeed reflux is most likely the culprit especially with a wee one in your belly pushing your insides every which way. Now, the way to alleviate it is two fold. Obviously something to help quell the acid production and then more importantly, getting to why your stomach is producing excess acid and that's your anxiety. By doing so you'll also treat all those other niggles that keep popping up

Positive thoughts!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had this from the end of the second trimester all the way through the third when I was pregnant if I didn't take the anti bile pills the doc prescribed me.

And they say pregnancy is magical.

Aww guys, thanks so much for your replies....

Hi Fishmanpie, thanks so much for the advice. I really do need to calm down. As soon as I feel it getting worse and worse I end up panicking! Hope you're doing well Fishmanpie? Lots of hugs...

Kate, thanks so much. My first pregnancy was a breeze. This one is a whole different kettle of fish......Grrrrr.....

Thanks again everyone x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information