Thread: Tingling tongue and lips

Tingling tongue and lips

Does anyone ever get this??

Hi Helen,

About a week ago I had a bad anxiety attack and my lips and tongue tingled then went completely numb. Hope this helps you. xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi Helen

Here are some links that may help

Lips tingling

Pins and Needles

Love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

That sounds like what i have at the moment. Have you had a cold???

Hi - yes this is something i have been getting a lot lately - strange tastes, tingling, sore mouth, feeling swollen etc etc. I have asked the doc and he said "oh yes"!

Don't know what it is but it's getting me down....

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Hi matilda,

i'm suffering with bad catarrh, lost my sense of smell. Maybe it is because of this. Similar symptoms to a cold I suppose. Helen x

The symptoms felt during an anxiety attack can feel like symptoms of a serious health problem, such as a heart problem. On the other hand, some serious health problems can cause anxiety attacks, such as heart or breathing problems. Have your symptoms checked by a caregiver to make sure they are not caused by a serious health problem.

The main symptom of an anxiety attack is extreme fear. Other signs and symptoms are different from person to person. The same person may even have different signs and symptoms during repeat anxiety attacks. Signs and symptoms usually do not last longer than 30 minutes. Besides fear, other signs and symptoms of an anxiety attack may include:

Chest pain.

Dizziness, or feeling light-headed.

Fear of losing control or doing something embarrassing.

Feeling of being out of touch with people or things around you.

Having a feeling of doom, which is feeling like something very bad is going to happen. You may feel like you are about to die.

Heart palpitations (pal-pi-TAY-shuns), which is becoming suddenly aware of your heartbeat. You may feel like your heart is pounding, or beating too fast.

Sweating, trembling, or having hot or cold flashes.

Stomach discomfort or upset which may include nausea (feeling sick to your stomach) or diarrhea (loose, watery BMs).

Numbness (loss of feeling) or tingling in your hands or feet. You may have numbness or tingling of your lips or around your mouth.

You may feel like you cannot breathe. Some people may hyperventilate (heye-per-VEN-ti-layte) during an anxiety attack and not even notice it. Hyperventilation means that your breaths are too fast and shallow. Breathing this way can cause numbness or tingling in your hands and lips. Your fingers or toes may have cramping, or even curl up. During an anxiety attack, focus on taking very slow, deep breaths. You may need a friend or loved one to help you do this by breathing with you. Your caregiver may show you how to breathe in and out of a paper bag when you hyperventilate. Never use a plastic bag.

With panic or anxiety disorder, you may have anxiety attacks that happen often. These attacks often come without reason or warning. You may be troubled with a fear of having another anxiety attack. You may have a lot of anxiety attacks, followed by weeks or months without having any.

Some people become so fearful of having anxiety attacks that they are afraid to leave their house. This is called agoraphobia (ag-or-ah-FOH-bee-ah). People with agoraphobia may also fear being in crowds, or in any place where they cannot leave quickly.

Re: Tingling tongue and lips

Hi
    Im new here and would really appriciate some advice.
    Ive had a terrible month. lots of stress and anxiety due to a big family bust up. I felt very poorly last week. Nearly fainted a few times, felt sick. Depression and suicidal thoughts(not that I would go through with it due to my beautiful 2 half year old daughter :-)) and all day today ive had tingling on my lips, around my mouth on my chin and cheeks, gums and tongue.
    Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
    Im a wreck at the mo. Im so paranoid about my health.

Thanks in advance for ANY advice
    XX

Thread Information