Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dull ache chest & neck pain

Dull ache chest & neck pain

Hi

I just had a really weird experiance [B)]

Was just putting my washin out (its to the side of my house at the front so its quite exposed) and while I was doing it i could feel myself getting more and more panicy - its really weird as ive not felt like this when im right outside my house! I went really shaky and horrible, I managed to hang it all out but then rushed in.

I think I felt paronoid as I knew some of my neighbours were home so thought people could see me and I felt exposed.... Its really weird how comthing like this can trigger off an attack!

Anyways im a bit calmer now.....but ive got a little dull ache on the right side of my chest and a dull ache in my neck also - I havnt experienced this before , just wondered if this could be due to having a panic atack?

I feel so angry with myself for getting so panicy about putting the washing out!! :( But isuppose thats the thing with anxity...you never know whenits gonna creep up and bite ya on the bum!

Tatty B xx

Hi Tatty B

How are you feeling now?
    I think the dull ache on the right side of your chest and neck is due to your muscles tensing up after your attack, I often get pains in my chest and neck if I'm feeling particularly anxious.

Take care

Elaine x

Hiya Elaine

Feeling better thanks although its left me with a massive headache and just feeling bit spaced out ... but im ok Thanks for asking.

Ive never had any pains after an attack before, it was a bit strange. But its all gone now

Tatty B xx

hi tatty,

I get the chest and neck pains all the time - they're very normal after panicking or being anxious. Hope you're feeling better!!

Sarah

Hi Tatty B

Glad you are feeling better.

Take care

Elaine x

**I think I felt paronoid as I knew some of my neighbours were home so thought people could see me and I felt exposed**

So it was the thoughts surrounding the situation that spiralled and got to you and led to the feelings that followed..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Tatty,

I hope you are ok now, like you say you never know when its gonna strike but you did get it all hung out so at least you didnt give in and run, hope your feeling better now,

kairen x

Hi Meg

Yeah thats what caused it I think, I just flt a bit exposed which I dont normaly feel.

Since it happened Ive felt a bit weird also I dunno if its DP, just feel like im not in my body if that makes sense?

Tatty B xx

Hi Tatty,

Now thats to be expected, so don't go getting anxious about that ok .. Bit of relaxation, exercise and some happy thoughts/ memories and it'll pass.

Do not dwell on it !

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Meg

Yeah i know, just strange as ive never felt this way after a panic attack and its not too nice, but i think im also worrying about my hospital appointment...[Sigh...]

I wish my mind came with an on/off switch sometimes!!

I plan to have a nice relaxing bath and hopfully wake up in a better fame of mind tomorrow [Yeah!]

Tatty B xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information