Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: First week of Citalopram

Re: First week of Citalopram

Hi raindog first forgive any spelling erorrs i make as its allways been my worst skill.
    anyways you are not allone with your dailly feelings or your life.
    as i am 44 this august and years ago had a terable time with drugs and it left me feeling realy realy out of sorts for 5 years unusual not real in life numb you name it i felt it and i had this overwelming feeling that i would never be happiey ever again and i couldnot switch of my very negitive thaughts they were with me the whole of my day and i thing i use to fall asleap purley down to exsausion from my day..iwas like this for 4 long years and had no familliy help or any close friends i was completley on my own and felt this was it forever...i developed all sorts of phobias on top of all this. but somehow i got through and out the other side one day and celibrated life again i never felt this would ever be possable ever again but i did...i just stayed possitive in my belefe as much as i could which as you know is realy hard because you get so much negitive thaughts randomally coming into your head all the time you are awake and they are so powafull you cnt concintrate or beleve anything eles you try to destract your self with ...you have to just tell your self ( but meen it ) dont just say the words , you realy have to inforce and beleive in yourself...telling your self throughout your day( I AM IN CONTROLL I WILL GET THROUGH THIS DAY AND I WILL WORRIE ABOUT TOMOROW WHEN IT COMES)you feel like you are just excisting from one day to the next and you feel made and all bad memories come back and feel worse then ever because this is your brain making you feel negitive so you only focas on neg things in life this might be ( the person you are , things you said to someone , things you have done , things you have whitnessed and so on) but this isnt for ever if you try and stay strong and beleive that you will get better try to envolve yourself outside the negitive world that starts to develop in your mind you almost have to push yourself slowly in doing things short burst that you dont feel like you want to do , but if you do slowly you are telling your brain to focus on more possitive thinking and you will start to feel slight changes inyourself keep telling yourself you are going to be fine and you will get through this its just going to take time...and you have plenty of it....its easy said then done you dont feel like its real anymore you watch everyone eles in life having fun and this just reminds you of how sad and shit you feel...when this happens just tell yourself you will have this all again sometime ...but you will have this its not gone forever.....they say time is a great healer....prase yourself everyday you get through and remind yourself that you are not alown and there are other people much worse of then yourself ,sad fact but its true because when we are feeling like you are its easy to thing you are the only one ...you are not....it takes time but i prommiss you will recover with possitive thinking and strength its tiering and you go to hell before you rise again im afraid but this is when you have to be strong and remember when you feel any slight possitive thaughts or feelings....enjoy them and remind yourself of them telling yourself you will get better and are on the road to recovery you are in controll and its all in your mind this will inforce that excperiance and moment helping you to get more and more possitive thaughts and relaxing moments....the more possitive feelings you get the more they breed so before you know it you feel life picking up and you will be gaining your confidence and social life back again and start to feel....NORMAL AGAIN..
    trust me friend you are as normal as everyone elese you are just not very well at this time in life and like any other normal person you will recover stick with it and i am allways ready to chat anytime you like.....take care

Greg

Hi Greg
    Well since the start of my 2nd week I've been at a point where I am pretty positive, certainly compared to before that when I was horribly desperate and negative. I've had a short blip where I felt a bit tense but that was something I could identify and deal with, so it showed that the Cit was helping when I could look at my own feelings and situation more objectively and just get on with it.

Week 9, Tuesday day 58
    Feeling a bit unmotivated today, didn't do much yesterday, just couldn't be bothered really. I got my Cit sorted out after 4pm so I'll have to remember next time to get things sorted on the week that I'm taking the last of my current course.

Not a great start to the morning, just managed to tip my little pan of porridge over while it was on the cooker and spill some of it down the front of the stove and onto the floor. Not a pleasant mess to clean up and I only got half my usual breakfast but it does give me a reason to clean the top of the cooker where the porridge has pooled around the gas jet. Just have to wait until it cools a bit.

You always feel a bit jangled after doing something stupid like that, it sets you off for the whole day feeling like a real dufus

Anyway, I'm having breakfast, such that it is, at a more reasonable hour that the past few days, it's been lunch pretty much on a few occasions over the weekend. Now I just need to clean the cooker top and get myself motivated to get out of the house today.

Better days people
    Shaun
    Last edited by Raindog; 13-07-10 at 10:17.

Ah, someone else who has suffered the repeat prescription fandango. I did exactly the same thing last year. Had to go down to quarter tablets as I was scared of cold turkeying through running out. Always keep ahead of myself now!

Well it's week 12 and I've not posted for a while,did you miss me

What do you mean no?

Anyway, week 12 and I've been busy doing this, that and some of the other, job interviews, all that kind of thing so I've not had a lot of time and energy to put into maintaining this thread. Not that it would have been all that interesting anyway, got up, felt ok, went for a walk, had job interview, didn't get job, surprise! :P

I thought I'd drop back in to let people who I spoke to here know I'm doing ok, I'm back to my good old trouble making self, in fact that kind of leads in nicely to my current bit of pot stirring, for those who have spoken to me in chat over the past few weeks <insert your own spoon related joke here> .

This is a post I made in the small hour of this morning on the forums here, one that people may well be interested in and wish to comment on or pass on to someone you know would like to contribute to this discussion, I think it''s a worth cause, and you can always trust a Raindog on that

It's a discussion I've kicked off about a separate room in chat for the more sensitive issues that people are unable to currently talk about as it can upset the more vulnerable people in the main chat room, but who could use help from time to time, like I saw last night, we had to refuse someone the chance to just talk and be listened to because the subject they wanted to talk about was a taboo one, so they left feeling disappointed at not being able to say how they were feeling about it.

Show your support, add to the discussion, pass it on to friends, get behind it if you can.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78861

Better days everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog View Post
    Well it's week 12 and I've not posted for a while,did you miss me

What do you mean no?

Anyway, week 12 and I've been busy doing this, that and some of the other, job interviews, all that kind of thing so I've not had a lot of time and energy to put into maintaining this thread. Not that it would have been all that interesting anyway, got up, felt ok, went for a walk, had job interview, didn't get job, surprise! :P

I thought I'd drop back in to let people who I spoke to here know I'm doing ok, I'm back to my good old trouble making self, in fact that kind of leads in nicely to my current bit of pot stirring, for those who have spoken to me in chat over the past few weeks <insert your own spoon related joke here> .

This is a post I made in the small hour of this morning on the forums here, one that people may well be interested in and wish to comment on or pass on to someone you know would like to contribute to this discussion, I think it''s a worth cause, and you can always trust a Raindog on that

It's a discussion I've kicked off about a separate room in chat for the more sensitive issues that people are unable to currently talk about as it can upset the more vulnerable people in the main chat room, but who could use help from time to time, like I saw last night, we had to refuse someone the chance to just talk and be listened to because the subject they wanted to talk about was a taboo one, so they left feeling disappointed at not being able to say how they were feeling about it.

Show your support, add to the discussion, pass it on to friends, get behind it if you can.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78861

Better days everyone
    Really glad to hear that things have improved and you feel yourself again

Could you rephrase that last bit please steve, don't want everyone knowing about that.

It just proves that the loss of libido you sometimes get with taking Cit isn't permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog View Post
    Could you rephrase that last bit please steve, don't want everyone knowing about that.

It just proves that the loss of libido you sometimes get with taking Cit isn't permanent
    LOL, sorry mate, i thought everyone knew .

Glad you are feeling a little more like your old self again

LOL you guys....

Glad to see you've still got a sense of humour, which is a good sign I reckon!

Thanks for the update and will check out the thread you mentioned.

Yvonne

Yeah, thanks Steve, well the cat's certainly out the bag now innit :P

Hi Yvonne, my sense of humour was always working, even through the darkest times, but it's in full effect now, as you'll see if you drop by my Crash Raindog FB page.

Week 13
    Now it's amusing but people seem to get worried about the number 13, some even have phobias about it, Triskaidekaphobia if you were wondering, I won't say google it as we all know it's not the advised course of action to go looking up symptoms on Dr Google™, but I find I have a certain affinity with this number. Where some people claim Friday 13th is unlucky I often find I have instances of fortunate events take place on those days. Perhaps it's just my aura of chaos twisting things around.

Anyway, I just got a call from a little new media company I was interviewed by the other week and they've offered me the job. Best bit of it is that the office is only 10 minutes walk down the road, so no travelling expenses, besides footwear, and I'll be doing the job I enjoy, programming and web development.

I'm off for a celebratory biscuit, have fun folks!

Better days

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information