Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind pains on right side?

Wind pains on right side?

Do any of you suffer with acid/wind pains and get them on the right side but don't have gallstones?

The reason I am asking is I am just recovering from helicobacter, finished treatment 3 weeks ago. I am now on a maintenance dose of lansoprazole 15mg for a couple of months before weaning me off it. Today I had an episode for an hour of so of stomach pains, it was high up just under my chest, in the centre. Felt sore to touch and acidy, it went abit into my lower right side of my back, and in throat.

I was refered for a gallstone scan a month ago because I had abit of wind on my right side. I am 30, slim, brunette... GP said I don't match any of the usual risk factors for gallstones but he wants to rule it out.

I had been feeling so much better since treatment, where as before I was riddled every single second of the day with wind pains, it was so bad I was signed off work. Today is the first time really that I have had abit of acid pain again.

Can anyone relate to wind like this?

Re: Wind pains on right side?

at one point a few years ago I was also having horrible pain on the right side. I got an ultrasound for gallstones, and there was nothing there. The doctor thought maybe I had a small stomach ulcer. She gave me some type of antacid (I think protonix) and it did go on its own...

-- Anonymous

sent it before I was done... I wanted to add to try to stick to a blandish diet for a few days, and see if it helps... Feel better. I know how scary it is to have things feel wrong.

-- Anonymous

Thanks, they think I had small ulcers from the helicobacter so it could be them playing me up.

I have this awful feeling in my throat tonight, feels like wind sitting there in my throat. I can breath fine and swallow ok so nothing is stuck but it feels like there is a ball of wind sitting in my wind pipe, very odd, I am sure ive had this before. Has anyone else had this?

Jessica

Yes i used to suffer really badly. The chest pains i got were chronic and i do still get them. When i first had bother, they put me on 150mg of Ranitidine twice daily which worked wonders. I am on Ranitidine again for my a skin condition i suffer from now and again (they also work for..i think it's A histimine)...Any you will probably get little bouts of these pains from time to time. I'm sure your gp will give you medication to take if you explain that you are having some bother.

Take care
    Lisa
    xx

Hi re gallstones i had my gallbladder removed at 22 i was not the usual classic person to present with gallstones , but sure enough two whoppers where in my gallbladder , it was a horrid pain that was brought on if i remember from eating fatty foods upper tummy and right shoulder pain nausea and sickness was also another sympton
    Any help ???? Maggie

I had my Gallbladder removed last May but still get the pain in the centre and right upper abdomen. I've had Xrays and CT scan but shows nothing. One thing to think about is the acid. If (like me) you suffer this, then you will find that too much acid will produce inflammation and therefore cause pain similar to Gallbladder problems, as well as excess wind etc. My Gallbladder was inflammed when they removed it but they didn't remove the very small amount of stones that were there. They now believe that there was possibly no reason to remove it afterall! Great. In other words, the pain was inflammation rather than Gallstones.

Thank you all.

If I have gallstones then I shall go for the op if they recommend it, I just hope it's not as I have been ill with alot recently and could do with a break;-) plus I have had alot of time from university due to the helicobacter and female problems I have had.

Do any of you get the wind traveling up to your throat?

I feel like tonight it is mainly sat on my left side, which I guess is a good thing if it has moved sides;-)

xxx

I take these pains on the right side, but I find it usually happens if I've eaten the wrong things. Acid reflux can travel up to the throat so this is probably what you are feeling. Even when you take lansoprazole I still think you need to watch your diet at times. I've also got gallstones but was told that they were small and didn't need surgery.
    Myra

Thanks Myra,

I imagine Iw ill have some gallstones, be suprised if I don't, my GP seems to think I have them, grrr.

I had chili and tomoto salad dressing last night on my salad and chicken, maybe that is the cause, although I felt fine last night. It was today when I woke up that I felt abit off, it got worse throughout the day. I do need to try and keep off the spicy/acidic type food, I was doing well but caved yesterday;-)

Thanks x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information