Thread: Numbness in cheek?

Numbness in cheek?

It has been there for about 5 hours or more I guess. Only on the right side and I am not having a panic attack or anything. It is not numb when I touch it but just feels numb or kinda stretchy. Has anyone had this?

Re: Numbness in cheek?

Hi Alison

Yes I have had this numerous times. I often get it around one side of my mouth also. Try not to worry about it.

Take care
    Tracy

maby you have been grinding you teeth in the night and have bitten your cheek , tooth grinding often causes trauma to the cheeks and people grind in there sleep when they are stressed

sure it will go soon take care

Yes I have had numbness in my cheek, thought I had a stroke but turns out it was nothing. I know what you mean though it feels numb but you can still feel it, I think it's just something we get from time to time.
    Hope you feel better.
    Lesleyb

Thank you. I asked my other group and they had me VERY freaked out!!!!

I have had this too and kept pinching it as it felt weird

It will be the sensitive nerve endings that causes it and it will go.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So no worried about strokes etc? I would have other symptoms wouldnt I?

Muscle tension in your neck can give you a feeling of numbness or as if you cheek is being pulled down by an invisible hand. If your face moves okay then its not actual as in bells palsy or stroke. I have severe neck problem which causes my neck muscles to be in constant spasm and I often get this sensation and feel as if when I look in the mirror my cheek should be hanging down by my shoulder!! but of course its not and moves normally. I also get crawling senssations up my face and into temple and its all just altered sensations from nerve endings.

Mine is caused by a severe neck problem but just plain old tension in someone without a neck problem can caus enough muscle spasm to trap the nerves that give these sensations.,

Just wondering if you neck maybe aches a bit at same time???

I've been having numbness in my right cheek, and every now and again a headache on the right side of my forehead. I get all these weird numb spells around my head, but it didnt start until i started working the graveyard shift at my job. I've been under alot of stress and i'm convinced that anxiety and panic can cause any amount of physical problems that make you feel like its somthing more serious.

I have actually had a TIA, a "small stroke", and it was nothing like a bit of numbness in one cheek, so do not worry!

Also had random phases of numbness from time to time.

Thread Information