Thread: scared of brain tumor

scared of brain tumor

hi just after a bit of advice i am so scared i have a brain tumor i had my baby 8 weeks ago and when i was 24weeks pregnant i suddenly got a loss of vision in one eye it was like i had looked at a bright light over 30 mins in moved across my eye till it went i went to eye causualty and had a good check they said maybe weak retania due to very short sightness it happened ago about 1 -2 hours after having my baby hospital staff didnt seem concerned then for the past week been feeling dizzy on and off and a bit unsteady and a bit sick now and then bit of headache now and then also getting sort of weak arm but its arm i carry baby on dont know weather its just stress of having baby and the tiredness also we are getting lots of work done at home so staying with family so stress of that getting done and not being in my own home if any advice that would be great just feel scared and worried. thanks toria xx

Re: scared of brain tumor

You don't know if the two incidents are related. I have felt like that, and it was because my sinuses were clogged due to allergies. Another time it was because I had a simple ear infection. Could it be something completely separate? I'm not a mother yet, but I am sure the stress/exhaustion of having a new baby could weaken your immune system!

Hi sorry you have had a bit of a scare but best solutin is go and get your eyes tested, I had the same in PC world (no connection I am sure LOL) and when I asked it is called an occular migrain or thats what they told me mine was, I then had headaches for 11 weeks and finaly went Docs who said opticians, he changed my prescription and gave me the all clear, havent had on since but will know what it is if I do.
    Brain tumours rarely have symptoms so try not to read more into what is very probably caused by all the stress you are coping with, put baby in pram and go for some fresh air that helps me.

Re: scared of brain tumour

thanks for replys i will get my eyes tested to check,sorry for bad spelling i meant tumour xx

who cares how its spelt so long as you are feeling a bit more possitive, the sooner you get them checked the better you will feel better then I promise.

dont worry, we spell it tumor in the USA, so both are right

Thread Information