Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This wek I shall be mostly dying of . .

This wek I shall be mostly dying of . .

Really struggling today. After 4 or 5 days feeling nauseous at work and at home I'm beginning to go down the slide of "what the hell is this" dialogue.

My left side is crampy, I feel dizzy at work and I have whittled it down to cancer or heart attack. I feel rotten when I lie down. My appetite is fine though!!

So is this a different side to anxiety? I'm doing less of the panic symptoms - is this a different shade and does it mean I'm getting better?

Like most of you I'm heartily sick of feeling sick and tired. Why does my body give me these symptoms?

Got to resist the urge to just go home from work and hide under the bedcovers and hope to awake feeling better.

ANy tips?
    MC

Love the title it made me laugh!! I guess you know deep down that it is anxiety, your body is just keeping on pumping out all those stress hormones and doing weird things. Maybe take 5 mins evry now and again to just relax your mind. I just picture myself somewhere else - mountains are my fave or a beach. Or just got out for a walk over lunch. Sorry if its not a lot of use but hope it may help you a bit

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi MC, I'm a new member only joined this morning. I'd convinced myself I was going to die of a kidney infection yesterday! Turned out my back was aching due to playing golf the day before but no matter how much I told myself that yesterday I wouldn't believe it. Woke up this morning and my back ache had gone. Still felt up tight when I got into work this morning but have been popping in and out of this site all morning and now feel much more relaxed. Sometimes I think it helps just talking about things. I feel very tired and the anxiety gets worse when I'm tired. Have you any friends at work you can talk to (just about anything), it may help take your mind off things.
    Thinking of you
    xx

hi mconlon,

i really struggle with health anxiety now, but it started with with panic attacks, i dont get panic attacks the way i used to or i can cope with them better, i just have these horrible feelings from day to day with different symtpoms. i used to be in the doctors all the time when i was at my worst but i have learned to accept that it is anxiety an i am sure you will too. It is really hard, i have been like this for 2 years now i have been at the bottom and at the moment i am probably near the top but i dont see it that way, i still feel sorry for myself and i am sure you do to. We are all in the same boat but there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are always here to help and support you. take care Ruthb1

Hi MC,

Anxiety tis horrible and in can display a number of symptoms in many forms shapes and sizes and sometimes throws in totally new ones just to pee you off! LOL.

The trouble is the more you dwell on the symptoms the more apparent they seem to be.

Yesterday I had a pain in the chest well i was convinced it was a heart attack. I went out did stuff and distracted myself and funny enough the pain eased a bit.

So sometimes a health anxiety really rules our mind I know at times i struggle.

The best thing to do is try to put the "what ifs'" in the back of your mind. Tell yourself it's just anxiety etc.. and it can't and won't hurt you!

Try to stick out work if you can and I hope you feel brighter soon.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

Hey MC

I know what you mean....today I am dying from a Brain tumour! My head pains are back I am convinced this is something terrible, and am feeling very on edge today!

Trying to tell myself its stress and anxiety, like my doc has done time and time again! But I just cant seem to accept it.

I just need to deal with the fact that i am a nutter.......lol

I know i dont have any tips, coz i need some myself at the mo, but i can tell you i feel poo too! so ur not alone

keep smiling........your fellow nutcase hay x

Hay x

Hi

I know where you are coming from and love the title of your post !!

I too suffer with health anxiety - over the past month I have had a DVT in my calf muscle, MS, brain tumour, heart attack and the list goes on ......

Every time it was nothing - hard to accept that it is all anxiety. One of the hardest things for me to deal with as I have mentioned before on previous posts is that I just cannot accept that anxiety can make you feel so very poorly physically. Also like you the fatigue is overwhelming. Everything aches.

Good luck mate and feel free to mail me anytime you want a chat

KatieS xxx

Thanks all for your messages

Given that we have all died a million times and had every ailment unders the sun, shurely we qualify as some sort of walking miracles!!! And yet I see no documentaries on TV about how great we are!!

I'm often inspired by Spike Milligan and his "I told you I was ill" headstone. He was well into his 80's when he popped off. I guess one day we'll be correct - will we be smug enough to come back with a line like that I wonder?

Until then I feel like the boy who cried wolf - and even though I consider myself to be intelligent I cannot help but cry out "something is wrong" when I feel odd or new symptoms.

Ended up being sent home - "you look gray" - which of course only feeds my neurosis.

I think the future should involve some sort of MOT for the brain- mine clearly isn't working properly, some sort of gasket has likely gone - I'd gladly pay for one that doesn't send innappropriate signals at innappropriate times.

Thanks all for the support. Its good to know I'm not on this path on my own.
    MC

Hey guys

Love the title!!! And Lucy, your list sounds like mine!!

My psychiatrist (I only seem him once every 3 months) always asks me before I leave "are you dead yet???" He started asking me that over 18 months ago when I first went to see him, and although he never "reassures" me - just by him asking that should tell me something I guess!!

SB xx

LOL.. I love it!

I never had so much the hypochondria phobia but actually the sort of opposite where I would insist everything was 'just stress'.
    Then it dawned on me that staying up very late every night, drinking 10 cups of coffee a day/night and smoking a pack of cigs a day might actually be unhealthy and why i feel bad.

See, the one thing anxiety people like to do is 'self analyze' every sensation to determine if they are 'freaking out' starting to panic, having more anxiety and so on.

So, maybe sometime you REALLY ARE just very tired and your short of breath from SMOKING.
    I have to stop myself from analyzing a scary monologue:
    "whats this now!?' .. 'why am I so anxious.. oh Nooo.. Im 'relapsing'.. what am I gonna do if it comes back full force... ohhhh.. there is the shallow breathing, dizziness... all my therapy was for waste.. its over now..

Now I have a special thing this week.. Doctor is concerned about something and wants me to get tested all week and get in again soon.
    Aha.
    He cant tell me anything until he see's the results.

So, I have attempted to have:
    Cancer
    Lung Cancer
    Plurisy (possible i made this one up just for me)
    Thyroid Cancer
    At least 45 different possible types of 'chronic infection'.
    Neurological Damage (thats actually a real concern) but Im going to lose feeling in my arms and legs and worse yet my genitals and bowels.
    Wow.. peeing myself and being single for life and eventually
    Dying alone in a van down by the river!

But... hehe.. Im not going to bother much with those fears since I have a 'greater fear' of blood test needles.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information