Thread: what could be the cause??

Unhappy what could be the cause??

My period is fairly regular, every 28 days i get them exactly, they usually last 4 to five days at most and normal flow aswel, not really that heavy. this month i started them normally onthe tuesday last week, on that very day i also started on BC pill. i started feeling nauseus on it and got headaches and threw up, so i decided to stop taking it on the sunday as i felt so bad. anyway, i continued to bleed and it got heavier instead of lighter,it's day 9 and im still bleeding and its heavy and have slight cramping also. i was ondering what cud be the sudden cause of this?? it's starting to worry me a bit. any ideas??

Re: what could be the cause??

Hormonal birth control methods are renowned for causing weird bleeding, so what your experiencing is most likely to be caused by having been on the pill for a bit. I had a similar thing to you that turned out fine.
    Since it's day 9 and you're bleeding heavily I would go see your doctor because they might be able to give you something to help with the bleeding. It's probably nothing to worry about and it will most likely go away on its own, but since it's heavy it's probably best to get your doctor's advice.

thanks for reply wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't so heavy and seemed to be easing off, but doesn't look like it. i'll give my doctor a call and see.

Quote Originally Posted by aria2 View Post
    Hormonal birth control methods are renowned for causing weird bleeding, so what your experiencing is most likely to be caused by having been on the pill for a bit. I had a similar thing to you that turned out fine.
    Since it's day 9 and you're bleeding heavily I would go see your doctor because they might be able to give you something to help with the bleeding. It's probably nothing to worry about and it will most likely go away on its own, but since it's heavy it's probably best to get your doctor's advice.

That is so true..I had to recently go off a BC pill because it was causing me to have horrible headaches and blurred vision..possible side effects from the pill...and strange periods..which is completely normal. If you feel that these side effects begin to be really bothersome contact your doctor and maybe they will prescribe you some BC that is less hormonal with less side effects.

Thread Information