Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP HELP HELP

HELP HELP HELP

I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON..I SUFFER WITH GENERAL ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS AND I HAVE PHOBIAS ABOUT EATING....ANYWAY.....I ATE SOME SWEETS EARLIER AND NOW IM CONVINCED I HAVE BEEN POISIONED..ITS HARD TO BREATHE..I FEEL LIKE IM ABOUT TO COLLAPSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE NO OXYGEN..DOES THIS SOUND LIKE ANOTHER ANXIETY ATTACK?? AT THE MOMENT IM FINDING IT VERRRRRRY HARD TO MAKE SENSE OF THESE FEELINGS AND IM SO SCARED

Yes it does Shanti. You say you think you are poisoned and so your body reacts as if something is wrong, its reacting to your thoughts. I've had the same kind of thoughts before. I often convince myself that I didnt rinse the washing up liquid out of the cup before i drink from it or there was bleach in the cup before hand or the meat isn't cooked properly but it's just your thoughts!

You need to start to relax byt taking some deep breathes. Focus on your belly. When you breathe in imagine a plunger is pushing all the air as far down into the belly as it will go and is packing it in there. This is breathing through the diaphragm instead of the shallow chest, its far more healthy and if you breathe out for as long as you can it will rid your body of more toxins. Practise breathing like this every day and whenevr you feel panicked and you'll be fine

Remember, it's just a thought, it can't harm you

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Hiya,

Yes that sounds like an anxiety attack.

As has been mentioned, you need to focus on your breathing. Do you have ways of calming yourself that work for you when you are panicking?

I hope you calm down soon,

Hannah x

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"

hi yes anxiety try to be calm remember youve felt this way before and been ok ...

jools xx

Hiya
    Its just anxiety - your body goes into overdrive and thinks it needs to help you - it doesnt know the diff between real threats and imagined so it fills you with adrenaline - you CAn cope - you ARE doing brill - just breathe................ Keep in touch. Love Wenjoy x

Thought are terrible - you've spent years believing the thoughts that bounce around your head and so now, when you think something bad, you believe your thoughts and instincts as you always have. . .

. . .but they are lying . . .and part of the skill of dealing with anxiety and panic is to be brave enought to look at the thought and dismiss it as a lie,a fabrication. Most anxiety sufferers have particularly strong imaginative minds and anxiety is utilising part of that imaginative skill. So instead of your tummy being upset by various e-numbers and chemicals and sugars your imagination turns it into poison and very quickly your imagination writes/produces and directs the movie of your poisining and possible death and plays it out in the theatre of your mind.

Now your subconcious brain finds it difficult to tell the difference between real and imagines so it releases all the chemicals it usually would if you were really in danger. The poison movie pressed an alarm button so your body responded.

This whole scenario happens in a matter of seconds and it is really hard to separate yourself from what is happening and take control - this can only come through practised relaxation to reset your alarm mechanism and knowledge of how the brain body system works and can sometimes go wrong

There is a whole load of energy from everyone who reads your post, directing good will and courage your way - believe you deserve that and you will be on your way - and don't forget to educate yourself.

MC

Hi there, I have a bad phobia of being drugged or poisoned and at times it's made my life unbearable. I really feel the effects of being poisoned or drugged at times.

Going out is a nightmare as I'm CONSTANTLY on a high state of alert. I've actually been convinced in pubs and stuff that I'm hallucinating and that it's because someone has put a narcotic in my drink and you know what it's all in my mind! but I can feel like this for many hours.

If something flies in my eye or mouth, I convince myself that its some kind of noxious substance or drug and I will panic for literally HOURS after, so Shanti, I feel for you.

I know I haven't been a great deal of help butI'm telling you this so that you understand what terrible tricks our minds play on us at times. You';re fine you really are. It's just typical bl***y anxiety mate!

Shiv x

Hi Shanti

It certainly does sound like an anxiety attack. As i had strange thing when i was eating an apple once, when i was eating it i came over so strange my heart was racing i felt hot couldn't get my breathe it was just weird that was when my anxiety was on a high so i know how you are feeling.

linda xx

thanks for all your replies i was (and still) highly anxious!! but it helps to feel im not alone!! I also thought i was having an anaphalactic shock and a brain tumor last nite, and today i just didnt want to get out of bed to have another day like this again...but ive only been up half an hour and i can easily list 10 or so anxieties already!! Gahhh![8)]

That's the way of it i'm afriad, but once you learn to recognise each symptom for what it is - a malfunctioning warning system in your body, anxiety - you can focus on relaxing and accept it. This will lessen its power and over time it will be less intense.

Take it easy.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information