Thread: anxiety worse on hearing a friend died

anxiety worse on hearing a friend died

Hi everyone

I found out yesterday a friend died a few days ago. She was only 33. She had a chest infection which turned into pnemonia. She collapsed at home and died.

I have been doing so well with my anxiety recently, but since yesterday all i can think of is that she was my age and that if it happened to her it could happen to me.

I seem to be all panicky now and just cant get it out of my head. I have given myself a terrible headache from all the worrying.

I know its normal to feel like this after hearing the news and i think she did have some health problems too.

I feel so awful today, im imagining i have everything wrong with me now.

love mandie x

Hi Mandie

Sorry to hear about your friend, It is normal for you to feel worse after hearing this news and with having anxiety will heighten your health fears - Please remember that anxiety is a totally different illnes and even though it is awful you will not come to any harm and the thoughts you are having are purley related to your sad news, not harm will come to you.

Take Care

Wendy xx

Hi Mandie

So sorry to hear about your friend, my pet dog died yesterday i know it's not like losing a friend but she was part of the family she was only 4.

So i know how you feel about your anxiety i am the same so i'm hoping my anxiety doesn't come back because of this as i have been doing so well.

I am sure its bcause of your friend that your anxiety is like this try not to worry to much. I'm sure nothing is going to happen to you.

take care
    linda xx

Hi Mandie,

Really sorry to hear that. Yes bad news does seem to trigger the worry cycle and our anxiety, just try and let you fears go and put it down to a heightening of your anxiety and realise nothing is going to happen to you. It is just the anxiety cup filling up on hearing the sad news that triggers the feelings, it will soon calm so try not to worry.

Take care

Paul

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

thank you for your replies everyone.

I am sitting here with a really dry mouth, now im thinking i have diabetes.

Oh how i hate this anxiety

love mandie

aww i hope you feel better soon. 2 years ago my gran died and then my mum died just last september, so i know how death affects anxiety....it seems to make everything just seem out of order..i mean if they can die...we see how vulnerable we are!! sorry im not helping...jus wana let you know i feel for you...its a horrible time but u will get through it xx

Hi Mandie

So sorry to hear about your friend. I think many of us question our own lives when something like this happens. It is so sad and such a tragic loss.

Thinking of you and your friend's family at this time.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hi Mandie
    The loss of someone close to you is bound to make you feel anxious, its one of the top stresses so no wonder you feel the way you do. You wouldn't be human if you didn't. Just let the grieving process happen as your healing will come quicker if you do.
    take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hi.
    so so sorry about your friend, your reaction is normal and feels worse cos of anxiety, grieve for your friend and have a good cry..it does you good to cry( scientific fact) best wishes and a big hug.xxxxxxxx

jools xx

thank you everyone for your replies. she wasnt a close friend, but even so she was someone i knew and to young to die. u realise how short life is when someone u know dies.

i have had a terrible day today. All my anxiety symptoms have come at once. heres hoping for a better day tomorrow.

love mandie x

Thread Information