Thread: sertaline bought on my pure o?? !!

sertaline bought on my pure o?? !!

hello im 37 from the uk iv had depression anxiety panic attacks and worse of pure o part of ocd. i v been on sertaline 50mg) for 5 years but of late i had only been taking 2 or 3 tabs a week (just kept forgetting) !! anyway recently my dog had fits for the firsttime ver and belive it or not i found this really distressing kept peeking into the lounge to make sure he was still alive got myslef into a state!! it sounds daft the dog getting poorly and i end up like this , anyhow my anxiety and nerves kinda went shot to pieces so i went a see my doc and said i think i need to up them he said no just take the 50mg regulary which i did do well with that my pure o kicked in with harming thoughts of the kids hubby in fact any1!! which is really horrid and distressing andmy anxiety went through the roof i cannot belive iv relapsed taking a a tablet thats supposed to make me better !! i lowered my dose down to 25 mg for 2 weeks and upped to 50 mg now on week 7 of 50mg im still having all the crappy side effects shakes no appitite feel jittery , getting loads of thoughts constantly most days , obv i do know this is only ocd and not a true feeling ,but my god it dont help knowing that when ya got the wrong head on and anxiety , some days i can laugh at and ignore ,other days i feel like proopper poo and want the ground to open up , has anyone else had ssri s bring on there ocd?? or worsen there anxiety and it still to be bad at this stage? even on good days i feel uneasy and edgy , i dont know wat to do doc said carry on , but the last 2 days iv been waking up at 2.30 then 5 ...grrr any support or advice would be greatly appreciated xxxxxx

Hi petram

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: sertaline bought on my pure o?? !!

The problem is only taking a couple a week, they are designed to be taken every day, and then will work

Re: sertaline bought on my pure o?? !!

yeah i know hun i was on them every day and i have been on the for years so what i was meant to say was id washed them out of my system and it was like restarting again when i begun taking them regulary . my nerves were bad due to stress a few weeks ago but the pills have aggrivated it sooo much .

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

the meds stimulate the brain which i know can make it worse :( but for how long , i have constant thoughts of stabbing and stuff , but generally has iv been here before i know wha im dealing with which enables me to cope a bit better ...... w ehave to learn to laugh but if your in a down mood or are feeling anxious its plain crap x

Thread Information