Thread: Help needed

Help needed

I am still worrying about going to the toilet about 2.
    Weeks ago there was blood on the toilet paper and I convinced my self
    I had bowel cancer. I saw an emergence doctor who told me its Haemorrhoids.
    But I am still worrying 2 weeks later it was so bad today I just went to sleep
    On the sofa all day.

as anyone got any ideas how i can stop worrying

Re: Help needed

I know it can really freak you out when you see blood somewhere you don't expect to, and, as HA sufferers, we always jump to the worst possible scenario. However, being told be a qualified doctor that you have haemorrhoids, whilst not pleasant, is quite reassuring because if they were at all worried, they would have ordered more tests. They have examined you and found a benign reason for the bleeding. I think you should take great comfort from this, but I'm not belittling your worrying. If it were me, I would be going over and over in my head "it is not serious, the doc told me what was causing the bleeding. They were not worried, therefore I should not be worried".

Take care

Re: Help needed

I know what you mean it goes around and around in my head but he said. I should have a camera put internal to look at my haemorrhoids to see why they were bleeding. And they might need cauterizing to stop the bleeding in my mind I think he was not telling me the truth and there is some more series reason he wanted it done. What made it worse was my own doctor I saw him the next day. And told him about my worries and he said he thought the only way to reassure me that I do not have cancer is to have an internal camera. I said no I would not have it and walked out of his office.

I have had Haemorrhoids most of my life. And they have bled at times most of my life too.
    So it's up to me to convince myself there is nothing series wrong with me. I only bleed the once
    That was 2 weeks ago but that is how my haemorrhoids are they will bleed and then be ok for weeks
    Or months then bleed again it been like that as long as a can remember.

The first doctor told me I have none of the other symptoms of bowel cancer either?
    What makes it worse is I am on my own with my thoughts none of my family understands
    It at all my wife just thinks I am nuts

Thread Information